Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of buying this mobo and cpu

• 11-12-2014 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Ive bought a corsair 750ww psu and cooler and the R7 290x 4gb to start my new build.

Was looking at these two what do ye think?

AMD FX8350 Black Edition 8 Core Processor (4.0/4.2GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 8MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 125W, Retail Boxed)

Found on AMAZON.

MSI 970 GAMING AMD Motherboard AM3+ AMD 970 4 DIMM Slots Max Memory 32 GB ATX

Found on EBAY.

Also could ye help me select a single 8gb stick of ram to start with, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭darlenmol

bump? prices getting worse but still need advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Do you already have an am3+ motherboard? if so, the 8350 makes sense.

If not, any i5 is a much better option.

There is no benefit whatsoever in swapping your 290 for a 970, so stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

darlenmol wrote: »
    bump? prices getting worse but still need advice

What's the prices

Do you already have an am3+ motherboard? if so, the 8350 makes sense.

If not, any i5 is a much better option.

There is no benefit whatsoever in swapping your 290 for a 970, so stick with it.

I figured that was a mistake of sorts.

No I'd didn't buy anything yet at all and to be honest im having issues with my gcard. Im a lifelong AMD fan but this card is troubling me. its flickering on a dual monitor setup and i dont even use hdmi, only dvi and vga monitors.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping the bundle I was on about will bring everything into harmony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Buying more stuff isn't going to fix a faulty graphics card... RMA it if you're sure theres a problem.

Buying more stuff isn't going to fix a faulty graphics card... RMA it if you're sure theres a problem.

This, where did you buy it from??

Still no prices man can't tell if any of them bundles are actually good deals.

I bought it on amazon but the warranty is lapsed. I did a bit of reading up about the issues and a lot of people have similar experiences. Theres a chance its just a bad driver problem. Hopefully It will be corrected in the next release.

Advertisement