Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIAT Mebership

Options
  • 08-12-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭

Is everyone a member of this, just looking at application form and its shall we say time consuming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dont recall it very bad, unless the format has changed recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

maybe its just my first reading of the document, 3000 word summary in educational section

:eek:Dont remember that part..Must be a new section

yea i am getting a bit long in the tooth for 3000 word documents

have to motivate myself to bloody do the application this week:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Are you referring to the ATR application form, there's a bit of work to that alright, but its no more than you would have if you join CIAT properly and go for Chartered status. The new Professional experience route which the ATR application is based on is a lot shorter than the POP record route.

• Advertisement

No6 wrote: »
    Are you referring to the ATR application form, there's a bit of work to that alright, but its no more than you would have if you join CIAT properly and go for Chartered status. The new Professional experience route which the ATR application is based on is a lot shorter than the POP record route.

yes that was what i was refering too, I have it almost complete now and will apply for Chartered Status

it wasnt to bad once I got into it, the hardest part id remembering 20 years ago and the educational side of college

Must get my finger out myself and try for Chartered status, at the moment just Associate.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Glebee wrote: »
    Must get my finger out myself and try for Chartered status, at the moment just Associate.:)

Do you need to join as an Associate member before applying for MCIAT status?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

if you are employed you can join as an ACIAT, if you are self employed you have to join as a profile member. The ATR is a little different as you do not have to join CIAT at all if you dont want to. If you are studying you can join CIAT as a student for free and if you are unemployed you can get a reduction on your subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

if you are employed you can join as an ACIAT, if you are self employed you have to join as a profile member. The ATR is a little different as you do not have to join CIAT at all if you dont want to. If you are studying you can join CIAT as a student for free and if you are unemployed you can get a reduction on your subscription.

I'm employed (19yrs experience) & ultimately looking to achieve chartered status, just wondering what's the most direct way to achieve this?
    I've read through the website but must admit I'm a little confused, I'd looked into this a year ago (I know, my bad for leaving it for another year) & it appears different to how I remembered it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Give James in the office in London a call, for my money with 19 year experience I'd be looking at the professional experience route, its a lot quicker, its only availiblre for the last year or so so maybe thats why it seemed different. I did the pop record route it took ages. with your level of experience I wouldn't bother doing the TCIAT pop record, go straight for chartered but be prepared to put the effort in, its not easy!!

Interview for Chartered (MCIAT) in April, anyone any experience of it

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

Charlie,

Did you join CIAT as an associate before January and then apply to become MCIAT via their route or did you get on the ATR first and are now going on to become MCIAT?

atech wrote: »
    Charlie,

Did you join CIAT as an associate before January and then apply to become MCIAT via their route or did you get on the ATR first and are now going on to become MCIAT?

ATR first then MCIAT

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

ATR first then MCIAT

Ah right, I see where you got the 3000 word summary for the education section from now.

I'm going submitting mine through the CIAT 2013 professional assessment route but left it to the 11th hour to get things down in writing (as it needs to be in by April 30th) and am just spotting some differences between the ATR application and this one now.

Regards the interview, I can only give you the advise I have seen of others that have done it i.e. study the code of conduct, provide examples of your work in a portfolio (same examples as per your assessment). Interview is focused around your professionalism and how you promote CIAT, your limitations in offering services, and acting in a professional manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ABD Arch Tech

Charliebull

Do you recommend doing the ATR first and then MCIAT. Was it faster that if you had joined CIAT as a profile member and then progressed to MCIAT?

Did it take long to go the ATR route, from start to finish??

Thanks,

Charliebull

Do you recommend doing the ATR first and then MCIAT. Was it faster that if you had joined CIAT as a profile member and then progressed to MCIAT?

Did it take long to go the ATR route, from start to finish??

Thanks,

ABD

Once I submitted my ATR Application I had a response in 1 week, which confirmed my listing on Register and inviting me for interview for MCIAT

The longest part is preparing the ATR application which took me a few weeks

Just got confirmed today as MCIAT , now for the next hurdle

Well done Charlie, the next hurdle is a big one for all of us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭beyondpassive

Well done Charlie, the next hurdle is a big one for all of us!!

Got Confirmed too :D, I think I met Charlie in the Corridor (high five). Interview was a very enjoyable chat really, I'd encourage others to get registered.

Hurdles? What I've just jumped through hoops, whats the next stage? Archie

• Advertisement

Well done archie

Advertisement