Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterproof socks

• 23-08-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever tried them? Was in cycle superstore earlier and one of the staff was raving about them. They're 40euro though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried them? Was in cycle superstore earlier and one of the staff was raving about them. They're 40euro though.

I have a pair, used them maybe twice in the darkest depths of winter. I prefer warm wool socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

If you are taking about seal skins then yes I have them. much better than over shoes for keeping dry and warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Same as Raam, I tried them for a while but switched to wool socks. Comfort and warmth is more important than dryness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

I like them, preferable to overshoes for me. Sometimes use thin merino liners with them if very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paudie2005

Charlie69 wrote: »

Have the seal skinz but find if really wet water will run down your leg into the sock so you end up with your foot immersed in cold water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Radial

On the wettest of days both neoprene overshoes and sealskinz do the trick. Won't keep you dry but will keep you warm. Heavy wool socks with the overshoes would do the trick just as well I suppose.

Forget about being dry the main thing is to be warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

surfers neoprene socks. will keep you warm. will not keep you dry. plenty of sellers on ebay. used them all last wiinter to great effect.

Advertisement