Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Hours Changed

Options
  • 24-05-2014 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been working in my job for just over a year, it's part time so it's only a couple of shifts a week. Yesterday I found out, without consultation from management that our shifts no longer end at 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays but midnight. The actual hours are fine, I worked in a cinema for example until 12.30 most nights and a staff bus was provided and in other jobs if I had to stay past 11.30 there was a taxi paid for.

The problem is they have not even mentioned a taxi or a bus being provided and now I'm in a situation where I'll have to get a taxi which will cost me about €15, and since I'm on minimum wage that's the better part of two hours work for me. Is there anything I can do or say about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Does your contract stipulate Start and Finish times? If not, they probably can do this.

Did you ask about transport home after a late shift? That'd be my starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

How did you get home on Fri and Sat nights at 11pm??

Advertisement