Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quickbooks - Help please !

• 31-03-2015 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭

I have taken over an account in QB that is an unholy mess and I need advice please. 2 main questions that might help me finish off the year.

Firstly can I add opening balances to customers after 12 months invoices have been entered. I can't find anyway to do it without entering the amount as an invoice but that will obviously fekc up the sales figures.
    Secondly, a pile of invoices were entered and are showing up under 'professional services' instead of sales. What is the best way to tackle that one.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Gard1

yes if you journal in the opening balances it is teedious but easier than redoing the whole thing
    You can change the professional services to be a sub account of sales or just alter the invoices from professional services.
    Quickbooks is a lot easier to change things as opposed to sage which can be handy when you get an unholy mess to sort!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks Gard,
    I reckoned that journal entries might be the way to go for the opening balances.
    I will make 'professional' services a sub account of sales- I reckon that's quicker than changing a mountain of invoices individually. Have to agree about the ability to change things in QB, it's so handy.
    The only thing I'm not mad about is the customer/supplier reconciliation. QB seems to like you to enter invoices first and then pay them. It doesn't like when you mess with the system and key in payments first. Unfortunately the nature of the work I'm doing means I have access to bank accounts (online) long before clients drop in bundles of invoices !
    Thanks for your help, much appreciated

Advertisement