Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand new phone keeps restarting

Options
  • 24-07-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hoping this is the right place to post this! Just looking for some advice.

So I bought the new Sony Xperia SP on Tuesday evening. Lovely phone, amazing technology, except there's one major problem - it keeps rebooting itself!:confused: The screen freezes and kinda phases out, then it restarts itself with the Sony logo etc.. It's literally happened about 40 times today. The phone is brand new so there's obviously a problem with the phone itself and it's not something I did.
    I'm bringing it back to the shop tomorrow, but before I go in I just want to find out what I'm entitled to. I bought it in Carphone Warehouse, got insurance for it and all. I feel I am entitled to a new phone off them, plain and simple. I also feel this shouldn't affect my insurance or anything. Is this true, or can they fob me off by sending it away to be repaired?
    Thanks for any help or advice!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Just return it asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You should have no bother getting replacement I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭CD8ED

I'd be demanding a replacement phone off them, none of this we'll send it away to get repaired craic. Alternatively maybe a factory reset before ya go in to make sure the problem is persistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

ajjmk wrote: »
    Hoping this is the right place to post this! Just looking for some advice.

So I bought the new Sony Xperia SP on Tuesday evening. Lovely phone, amazing technology, except there's one major problem - it keeps rebooting itself!:confused: The screen freezes and kinda phases out, then it restarts itself with the Sony logo etc.. It's literally happened about 40 times today. The phone is brand new so there's obviously a problem with the phone itself and it's not something I did.
    I'm bringing it back to the shop tomorrow, but before I go in I just want to find out what I'm entitled to. I bought it in Carphone Warehouse, got insurance for it and all. I feel I am entitled to a new phone off them, plain and simple. I also feel this shouldn't affect my insurance or anything. Is this true, or can they fob me off by sending it away to be repaired?
    Thanks for any help or advice!

You should have a 30 day replacement guarantee for it. Just bring it back to the store with your receipt and they'll swap it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Thanks a million everyone, just double checking what I thought! Didn't want to make an eejit of myself going in and making unreasonable requests or anything:o
    I'll bring it back tomorrow after work:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement