Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker dock for Android phone?

Options
  • 21-07-2013 7:44pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to buy someone a present of a speaker system that you plug your phone into. Obviously this is easy when you have an iphone but whats the story with Android ones? She has a Samsung Galaxy S4.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Any bluetooth or micro usb dock will work, e.g. these. (Actually I think it just needs bluetooth, the micro usb is just to charge it while it plays.)

Edit: Also you can get something like this if you already have an iphone dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Maybe this
    Can use both Bluetooth and Usb connection for the likes of the S4. Also has a dock for an Ipod/Iphone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Philips have a range of docks and speakers for android. Check Amazon or the chaps over on the Richer Sounds forum. Richer Sounds were clearing them off some time back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks guys that's really helpful. Can I get these in shops ok as I need it this week. Would places like Carrickmines have a good selection with Currys, PC World and Harvey Norman?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I have one of the ILuv ones in as-new nick if you end up stuck (south Dublin). Only used it 2/3 times so it's wasted on me but works fine with my Note 2. PM if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I got a travel speaker, its not great but works fine in a hotel room. Plugs in through the headphone socket. Altec Lansing orbit im227, is what is written on it.

There are no generic docks that I'm aware of as Android devices come in different shapes and sizes, but of course I'm open to correction on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Zascar wrote: »
    Thanks guys that's really helpful. Can I get these in shops ok as I need it this week. Would places like Carrickmines have a good selection with Currys, PC World and Harvey Norman?

Thanks

Get bluetooth speaker, the less cables the better... You can get one with battery built in. My works for about 8 hours with no charge.
    Check power city in bray, they have plenty of them.

Advertisement