Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Early Morning Bad Breath

• 10-08-2009 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

what can u do about bad breath when you wake up ?
    Ive heard that it depends if you brushed yur teeth the nite before or what youve eaten. is there anything that can be done ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ive heard that it depends if you brushed yur teeth the nite before or what youve eaten. is there anything that can be done ?

Have you brushed your teeth the night before? Flossed? Mouthwash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You probably sleep with your mouth open and your saliva has gone stale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I had really bad breath.. but now i am 100% cured. I turns out i wasnt brushing my teeth correctly (i was only doing a quick job every morning). About 8 months ago i had 3/4 trips to dentist hygienist to get plaque (mainly from the back side of my teeth) removed. Since then i have been brushing twice daily and for about 3 minutes each time. My teeth and breath are fine now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

you could try corsodyl I use that my teath are pretty bad and did suffer from really bad breath, but that has worked wonder and a good mouth wash...

even tho Ive got bad teath I accept that but I do my best to keep my breath fresh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

A lot of bad breath is related to bacterial growth at the back of the tongue. Some toothbrushes now come with a tongue brusher on them.

Be gentle when brushing your tongue as sticking it towards the back of your throat may trigger your gag and vomit reflex, not nice first thing in the morning!

Make sure you brush your teeth properly, floss every night and use a mouthwash. Just be aware that most mouthwashes have a high alcohol content and this can dry out the mouth overnight too.

As far as I know, Corsodyl should only be used if you have gum disease, although I could be wrong. I know it can stain teeth with prolonged use.

Try the dental issues forum for more, there are proper experts over there. If you are really worried about it buy a mouth spray like Retardex.

In some cases there can be a medical reason for bad breath so if those solutions don't work and the dentist can't help you then maybe a check-up would be worth it.

Advertisement