Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo PC help

Options
  • 19-01-2004 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

Bought this last week as i never really got into the xbox one (my brother did but im just not a big fan of FPS games on a console after playing them for so long on my pc, theres just no keyboard and mouse and get to frustrated etc..)

the problem im having is it runs like shìt....... i tryed even putting down the res but even then it wasnt running very good at all (640x480 it ran 'okish' at best but still slow downs.. but after seeing the graphics wise on the xbox i wasnt prepared to play with it looking like that!)

System Specs -

Gigabyte 7VAXP-A Ultra Mainboard
    AMD XP3000+
    1280mb PC2100 DDR ram
    Geforce FX5900u
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2

with all the talk of this game i really felt the need to atleast try and get into it but with it playing the way it does im just in the mood to snap the disc for wasting my time.

Anybody else have these problems and how did you fix them?

i can play all my other games in max details and res, and its not as if the xbox was a overwhelming powerful machine (geforce 3 i believe?) so why am i having problems with it... FSAA and anistorpic filtering are both turned off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

When you try to play Halo in any of the Full-Screen Anti-Aliasing (FSAA) modes, you may experience difficulties. To resolve this issue, download and install the most recent drivers for this video card. If this does not resolve the issue, turn off the FSAA feature. To download the latest NVIDIA drivers, visit the following NVIDIA Web site:
    here

normally driver problem. or could also be a problem with EAX on the SB Audigy. Happened to me on "mafia". I updated the drivers and it worked fine but i also had to disable EAX

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Have you tried applying the latest patch:

http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/downloads.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It has terrible performance on the PC regardless, sure you can coax some extra FPS out of it by tweaking/patching but you're still working with a dog of a 3d engine. The main thing is to disable FSAA and anisotropic filtering if you have them forced via your video card's advanced settings, the game bypasses them anyway and they kill the performance even more here than they do in a decent 3d game :rolleyes:

Advertisement