Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trainee accountant

• 11-03-2015 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for a trainee accountant role either in practice or industry. And applying wherever i see a job posted. I am not getting that many replies its very discouraging. I am prepared for a big cut in pay as well but seems things are not in my favour...currently doing acca

Any advise what am i doing wrong..please share your experience, that may be of help in my job hunting..

aspasp1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

aspasp1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking for a trainee accountant role either in practice or industry. And applying wherever i see a job posted. I am not getting that many replies its very discouraging. I am prepared for a big cut in pay as well but seems things are not in my favour...currently doing acca

Any advise what am i doing wrong..please share your experience, that may be of help in my job hunting..

aspasp1

What's your background in terms of college/School or experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Theflyingegg

Put your CV up on Monster and similar sites and update it regularly.

I too was getting no responses for a while when applying left, right, center, but then all of sudden got a random email from a guy from an agency asking me of my interest in a position having researched my monster profile and CV. He got me the interview and a few weeks later I was in employment. It's all been uphill since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

Put your CV up on Monster and similar sites and update it regularly.

I too was getting no responses for a while when applying left, right, center, but then all of sudden got a random email from a guy from an agency asking me of my interest in a position having researched my monster profile and CV. He got me the interview and a few weeks later I was in employment. It's all been uphill since.
    Thanks, you are giving me a hope. I am using those sites but i am using quick apply rather then seting up profile. But i will do that and ses if that helps. I dont have direct experience of accounting but have a masters in business and looking for a career change..currently doing acca and have passed 6 subjects in 2014

thanks again

Thanks, you are giving me a hope. I am using those sites but i am using quick apply rather then seting up profile. But i will do that and ses if that helps. I dont have direct experience of accounting but have a masters in business and looking for a career change..currently doing acca and have passed 6 subjects in 2014

thanks again

Yeah I setup my profile and put as much detail in as I could. Setup a beknown url etc.

You might just get lucky like I did and an opportunity will come to ye. Got to do everything you can and play all cards. Determination, belief and overall the right attitude does the trick.

I'm more than certain you'll have something before this, but if you're still looking come mid August drop me a pm.

Yeah I setup my profile and put as much detail in as I could. Setup a beknown url etc.

You might just get lucky like I did and an opportunity will come to ye. Got to do everything you can and play all cards. Determination, belief and overall the right attitude does the trick.

I'm more than certain you'll have something before this, but if you're still looking come mid August drop me a pm.
    hi there,

op here again. had an interview today with one of the top 10 firm and went quite well. Manager was quiet impressed and invited me for second interview next week, fingers cross hopefully I be sorted soon. thanks for your encouragement..

• Advertisement

hi there,

op here again. had an interview today with one of the top 10 firm and went quite well. Manager was quiet impressed and invited me for second interview next week, fingers cross hopefully I be sorted soon. thanks for your encouragement..

Good to hear, well done. It's a job you wanted in the best case scenario and progression and experience at the worst. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Full focus on that second interview now, kill it.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Martyy

Hi op! How did the interview go?
    Im pretty much in the same situation and find it really hard to get any response from employers with 5 exams done and a bit of bookkeeping experience. Hopefully it will get better with less exams to do.

Martyy wrote: »
    Hi op! How did the interview go?
    Im pretty much in the same situation and find it really hard to get any response from employers with 5 exams done and a bit of bookkeeping experience. Hopefully it will get better with less exams to do.

He hasnt called me in for an interview yet, just got email that its delayed for some reasons till next week. But quite hopeful, lets see what happens..

Have had an interview with partner and audit manager. I feel interview went extremely well. Fingers cross hope fully i should hear soon from them..

Advertisement