Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy the galaxy s3?

Options
  • 24-07-2013 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

I know there is a big thread on the S3, but I don`t have hours to sift through it.

For €330 brand new from amazon, would you buy the S3?

Seems a decent price.

I know the nexus is popular here, but the ability to swap out the battery and use an SD card is a big plus.

The big thing about the nexus to me, is the bare bones operating system, I don`t like all the cr@p that samsung install on phones, is it a big issue to remove all of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

at €330, id grab it, brilliant phone

• Registered Users Posts: 16 arirang

If you're not a complete IT noob, it's simple enough to replace the Samsung UI with a 'blank' Android - you do void the warranty if you do that, though.

have one. still a great phone imo. the s4 is faster and has a better camera but the s3 is available for a lot cheaper on a straight buy price now. if you don't want a contract it's a great option. I don't find the samsung interface that bad on the s3 to be honest.

I'd get the Note 2 for €65 more, but to each their own. Too big for some.

Don't forget to try Flubit with whatever you're buying. Also you'll save if you ship either to Parcel Motel as you'll be paying the lower UK VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Ive decided to buy it.

Will be a big step up from my Galaxy Ace 2 (which was a step down from my previous phone, a Motorola Atrix).

I have an Nexus 7 3G, which I barely use. I may sell that as well as the Ace 2 to fund it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I had one for 6 months. I sold it and bought a nexus 4 and I'm much happier with the nexus. I signed up to google music so the storage thing wasn't a problem for me. The threat of S3 sudden death was also a factor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

After the fun and games I've had with Samsung trying to get an S3 repaired I wouldn't recommend buying one. Anyone else had problems with Samsung Customer Service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I wouldn't recommend.

Too many faults and stupid problems with it from my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Cale

Although I went for a Nexus I'd still recommend the S3. Brilliant phone. Great camera, still very good hardware if not the best and with great battery life too. The best I've ever had on a smartphone.

Advertisement