Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get rid of a gut???

• 26-08-2009 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys

I am a 26 year old male and I'm looking for some help. I have a bit of a gut and it gets to me at times!!! It's nothing massive or anything but I would just like to get rid of it if I could at all! I'm just under 10.5 stone in weight so I'm not a big fella or overweight or anything! I'm a pretty skinny guy apart from this gut I'm developing. I don't want to lose weight because if anything I know I'm underweight because I'm on 5'8" as well so I should probably be heavier. I was hoping somebody might be able to help maybe to firm it up a bit. I'm not interested really in a 6 pack type of stomach! It just seems out of place compared to the rest of me! I usually walk everynight for 2 miles and I eat pretty healthily when I can. I'm not a massive drinker but when I do go out at the weekend (maybe once or twice a month max) I go on a proper session! I know being too skinny isn't exactly attractive either and I'm told I'm grand the way I am but I just would like to even just make my gut a little smaller. I just want to get it under control now before it's too late in the future!!!

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Among my workout regime, I do the Jacknife exercise, 30 reps a day. It works for me. Feel the burn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Yeah situps is the way to go and a few squats, wanna watch your aul health with the binge drinking, you gotta look after the liver.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭0141607

Ruu wrote: »
    Among my workout regime, I do the Jacknife exercise, 30 reps a day. It works for me. Feel the burn!

Is this what you mean? Because if it is :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

squats and sit ups will do so much alright, but really you have to look at diet. If you have a gut, its basically a layer of fat covering the muscle. You've got to shift the flab to let the muscle shine through. Eating the right things at the right time, along with some decent fat burning cardio work will do that.

For more advice you could always try the fitness forum OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

This is a two parter:

Part 1: Food - You need to examine your diet.

Part 2: Some resistance type exercises (e.g. weights, press ups, chin ups, etc. etc.). Some stomach exercises will help initially to flatten it, but the battle has to be won in the kitchen. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

0141607 wrote: »
    Is this what you mean? Because if it is :eek:

I'm not that good yet! :)

Closer to the one below, except the person in the video seems to be using more momentum (which isn't good).

Advertisement