Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petr Čech's skull cap

Options
  • 22-12-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think Peter Cech should not be allowed to continue wearing his skull cap

Either his head is better or it's not at this stage - so he shouldn't still need to wear it

Also when compared to another goalie -

imagine a striker going for a ball with a goalie in contention - surely when a striker sees the cap he will compensate whereas with a normal keeper he wouldn't - thus giving cech an unfair advantage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Is this a Men's Health issue ... or a soccer issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

trout wrote: »
    Is this a Men's Health issue ... or a soccer issue ?
    I have my doubts too.............

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Does anyone else think Peter Cech should not be allowed to continue wearing his skull cap

Either his head is better or it's not at this stage - so he shouldn't still need to wear it

It's not there to keep his head getting better.
    He wears it to (hopefully) prevent something like that happening again.
    I can't see what the problem is and I doubt most strikers in the spur of the moment have time to consider challenging for a ball with him over another keeper because he's wearing a skull cap.

imagine a striker going for a ball with a goalie in contention - surely when a striker sees the cap he will compensate whereas with a normal keeper he wouldn't - thus giving cech an unfair advantage

I would follow through on a ball regardless if a goal keeper was wearing a helmet thingy or not. Id think about him after I scored the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Because he suffered a head injury, and if he got injured again he could get brain damage and die. Thought that would have been fairly obvious tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Soccer forum is that way ---->

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement