Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome wont load - worried about temp fix

Options
  • 04-09-2014 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I started the PC this morning to have Chrome not loading pages. Other browsers (Firefox) working fine.

Did a search for the usual fixes - none worked - uninstall, completely remove all Google file and reinstall -no fix.

I came across this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWRhruj9ETw using and additional string of " -no-sandbox" in the target box of the apps properties.

It worked, but Chrome is giving me an error that this might destabilize Chrome - "Stability and security will suffer."

Anyone come across this issue and any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Mort5000 wrote: »

Tried all possible solutions on that thread - no change - when I remove the sandbox tag, Chrome won't load.

Bugger!

If you load chrome in sandbox mode, and then go 'Settings' 'Delete this user' does it work for you?

Mort5000 wrote: »
    If you load chrome in sandbox mode, and then go 'Settings' 'Delete this user' does it work for you?

No - didn't work - good think I backed up my bookmarks and settings!

• Advertisement

sticker wrote: »
    No - didn't work - good think I backed up my bookmarks and settings!

You could keep your bookmarks/settings in your google profile...

When you load in nosandbox, can you see any extensions?
    Any unfamiliar ones?
    Disable them all?

Advertisement