Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotch for my wedding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Or i could go Irish.

Big Green Spot fan so:
    http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/irish-whiskey-home-page/greenspot-12-year-old

I'd say this is a hummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Man you could get 4 or 5 really nice bottles for that kind of cash.

My choice would be a 21 year Redbreast and a few others. Midleton, Barry Crocket...

In fairness 850e is too much for the GS. 500e i'll do.

Funny you mention Barry Crockett, there a sample en route to me from Holland. I should have it this week actually.

TBh im a scotch man more than an Irish whiskey man so i will end up with a Scotch for my wedding day.
    Laphroaig is almost always my go to tipple. I'd say the 25 yr old stunning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

If you're spending that much I'm sure the lads in Celtic Whiskey Shop would be happy to talk you through what they have and give you a few samples. Although in saying that, they probably don't have bottles of the expensive stuff lying open for sampling.

I might email Ally and see if he can source a sample.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Legion2008

Go to www.masterofmalt.com

They sell 5cl samples of the majority of the whiskies they have and it's a good way to try before committing to the larger purchase.

^^ I like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Celtic Whiskey Shop is very good value for GlenDronach and BenRiach...

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

http://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/58360/laphroaig-1991

I think this is pretty good value

Advertisement