Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

well it didn't take you too long to go from agreeing that child abuse shouldn't be used as a stick to beat us with when many of us (myself included) weren't even born at the time. As for your sweep sweep dig I have no problem with Alan Brazil coming out and telling his story. I do have a problem however with that banner.

And I have explained many times on here I am sick of certain people using "Scotlands Shame" against my club and made it clear I would give an example that proved different it doesn't mean I like it.

And really Brazil was not the only one he was the one used to get a conviction

As for the banner I have a problem with it to but the question was would Rangers be disciplined and the answer is no they won't if they did many clubs would be in bother for banners put up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

You don't get it do you? Doesn't matter whether you get it or not, that's just the way it's gonna be. Why don't try taking like a man instead of greetin like a biatch:pac:

Wow? You not taken your pills today in the looney bin? I'm convinced you see what you want to see. Now stop taking up my time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I see this as Eirebear, a usually quite sensible poster, defending the banner.

No - what you see is EB, rather tongue in cheek, answering Helix's post regarding "Disciplinary Action".
    Do you care to tell me how exactly they can discipline Rangers for this?

I've said time and time again that the disgraceful situation that occured at Celtic Boys Club is not a matter of one upmanship.
    Don't let that get in the way of some good mockrage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

And I have explained many times on here I am sick of certain people using "Scotlands Shame" against my club and made it clear I would give an example that proved different it doesn't mean I like it.

And really Brazil was not the only one he was the one used to get a conviction

As for the banner I have a problem with it to but the question was would Rangers be disciplined and the answer is no they won't if they did many clubs would be in bother for banners put up

So its OK to use as a tool but only when you feel offended? wow you are a slightly confused man. I notice how, in all these posts you have managed to claim the victims stance despite us not mentioning any of the reasons you have been labeled scotlands shame, and I'm glad because it would only help you to cover up the fact that the sight of green can make your blood boil

Madam wrote: »
    I'm sure you as a Rangers fan get upset about something that happened to Celtic young team players:rolleyes:

I'm finished with this oul ****e (again)- I think I'll go back to being a Partick supporter:)

I'd more associate that with being a human being, caring about what happens to young children in any given situation.

I'd have thought someone like yourself might be able to see that?

• Advertisement

despite us not mentioning any of the reasons you have been labeled scotlands shame,

Um.

Am i the only one who sees the complete hypocrisy of this sentence?

Eirebear wrote: »
    Um.

Am i the only one who sees the complete hypocrisy of this sentence?
    how?

how?

You reckon you can just call us "Scotland's Shame" as long as you don't delve into the reasons why - and no one will react?
    The sentence implies that you either A) Don't believe Scotland's Shame, in itself, is an insult wielded by sections of the Celtic support.
    or B) You actually believe that this should simply be accepted by the Rangers support.

You're constantly being offended by something within the rangers support, or indeed Rangers themselves - yet as soon as the spotlight is turned on your own club and it's support you seem to think it's a step too far.

You reckon you can just call us "Scotland's Shame" as long as you don't delve into the reasons why - and no one will react?
    The sentence implies that you either A) Don't believe Scotland's Shame, in itself, is an insult wielded by sections of the Celtic support.
    or B) You actually believe that this should simply be accepted by the Rangers support.

You're constantly being offended by something within the rangers support, or indeed Rangers themselves - yet as soon as the spotlight is turned on your own club and it's support you seem to think it's a step too far.
    well i should have made myself clearer, I'm glad we didn't start mentioning individual incidents from the past and go over the same tit for tat ****e thats been done to death here. I'm glad we didn't sink to a level where an disgraceful act is used to offend.

well i should have made myself clearer, I'm glad we didn't start mentioning individual incidents from the past and go over the same tit for tat ****e thats been done to death here. I'm glad we didn't sink to a level where an disgraceful act is used to offend.

So you see it as ok to chuck insults around, so long as you don't go into individual reasons as to why?

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Madam
    I'm sure you as a Rangers fan get upset about something that happened to Celtic young team players

I'm finished with this oul ****e (again)- I think I'll go back to being a Partick supporter

Really?? I get upset because they were young boys in this case who were put through a terrible ordeal also the fact that I had a nephew ant Celtic boys club when this came out I hasten to add along with others he wasn't there long. How you can even think that because it happened to boys at Celtic we would not be bothered or concerned amazes me

So you see it as ok to chuck insults around, so long as you don't go into individual reasons as to why?
    well if you read my posts the only time i suggest "scotlands shame" is when i say that its accurate in terms of people disrespecting the victims of child abuse.

So its OK to use as a tool but only when you feel offended? wow you are a slightly confused man. I notice how, in all these posts you have managed to claim the victims stance despite us not mentioning any of the reasons you have been labeled scotlands shame, and I'm glad because it would only help you to cover up the fact that the sight of green can make your blood boil

Oh I think that the reasons are well enough known but why should I bring these things up lets face facts The reasons get mentioned on a regular basis.

Really how childish the sight of Green bothers me not in the least I have Green clothes that I actually like and wear regularly

well if you read my posts the only time i suggest "scotlands shame" is when i say that its accurate in terms of people disrespecting the victims of child abuse.

Ahhhhh.

So - It's ok for you to have a go at people for what you see as disrespecting those victims, but it is an outrage for anyone to mention the perpetrator within earshot of a Celtic fan.

We're back to hypocrisy again mate.

Really how childish the sight of Green bothers me not in the least I have Green clothes that I actually like and wear regularly

lol.
    This thread gets more ludicrous every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

lol.
    This thread gets more ludicrous every day.

Its hard to beat the ludicrous shíte that McCoist & Green have been spouting since they got a temporary licence. :pac:

I think they should have waited until they actually got the membership transferred proper before abusing everyone that cross their path

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

This thread is a ****ing joke now, what bloody age are ye all? Im surprised at some of the seemingly mentally stable posters getting involved with and responding to the lunatics on both sides. Day after ****in day, you did this, no ye said that blah ****ing blah. Im out of here. Oh and i accept i have been guilty myself of same behaviour at times. Even the huddleboard seems an oasis of reason and calm after being on here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

This thread is a ****ing joke now

You're right it is, just like the club that the thread is about;):D:pac:

This thread is a ****ing joke now

Obsessed

Obsessed
    haha and so the cycle starts again

• Advertisement

Obsessed

:rolleyes: Oh well nothings going to change i suppose, i'll leave ye kids to it then. Surprised at you bbe

Obsessed
    haha and so the cycle starts again
    Maybe so but if he feels we are so much of a jole why bother with us

I am all for football discussion it bores me to tears all this crap so I will happily discuss any footballing issues

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Tonight's RST Statement

The RST will not be releasing a statement tonight.

:pac:

Obsessed

:rolleyes: Oh well nothings going to change i suppose, i'll leave ye kids to it then. Surprised at you bbe

Sorry but I won't apologise for reacting to statements.
    And really when did you become perfect pretty sure if I looked through this thread I would find some digs from you. I made it clear on my post above that I would much rather talk football but if I attacked I will reply

Sorry but I won't apologise for reacting to idiotic statements from an idiot
    And really when did you become perfect pretty sure if I looked through this thread I would find some digs from you. I made it clear on my post above that I would much rather talk football but if I attacked I will reply

You wont have to look far a few (posts up) to see i admitted ive had a go at times but i dont continually harp on and on about the same thing day after day like some of ye do or react everytime to the slightest dig. Why not just ignore the idiots here and we all know who they are?

Sorry but I won't apologise for reacting to idiotic statements from an idiot

You wont have to look far a few (posts up) to see i admitted ive had a go at times but i dont continually harp on and on about the same thing day after day like some of ye do or react everytime to the slightest dig. Why not just ignore the idiots here and we all know who they are?

Your right maybe it's because I am older than most but I don't suffer fools gladly. I have good intentions and then I see some bit of ludicrous writing and just have to reply

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Your right maybe it's because I am older than most but I don't suffer fools gladly. I have good intentions and then I see some bit of ludicrous writing and just have to reply

You're every bit as bad as the posters you are complaining about then, especially pulling that child abuse card, that's disgusting. You can defend your old club without resorting to that tbh.

This thread is a joke now. You're all welcome to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I have Green clothes that I actually like and wear regularly

Some of my best clothes are green.....

PauloMN wrote: »
    You're every bit as bad as the posters you are complaining about then, especially pulling that child abuse card, that's disgusting. You can defend your old club without resorting to that tbh.

This thread is a joke now. You're all welcome to it.
    you pretty much summed it up. But I shouldn't have reacted to some of the things that were said. It was akin to banging my head of a wall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Imagine pointing out the truth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement