Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers' Beers Two?

Options
  • 26-01-2015 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone interested in another forum meet up?

the last one was over a year ago at this stage, and about 6 people turned up I think, with a couple of other no-shows.

We had that one in Brew Dock, so I'll discount that as a venue for this one.

Other options are

Black Sheep
    ATG
    Sweetman's
    Norseman
    Bull & Castle
    Porterhouse TB
    57 The Headline
    Alfie Byrne's
    Bierhaus

Kavanagh's and Mulligans are also options, as are the JDWs and the GBB pub in Blackrock, but they might be a bit too north or south for people coming from the opposite sides.

My personal preference would be for either ATG or Black Sheep if we go GBB, or The Norseman or 57 The Headline if we don't.

I love The Norseman, but it can be a bit "touristy" and loud with the live music - also seats can be at a premium at busier times.

I think 57 The Headline was strongly mooted last time, and I'd probably lean toward that.

So - any interest?

We can sort out dates, discuss nights and venue here though.

Beers' Beers Two? 12 votes

Interested
    0% 0 votes
    Not Interested
    100% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

shíte, can a mod add a poll please

2 options

Interested
    Not Interested

Thanks

edit - Cheers to the mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

57 headline id go with

Beersmith wrote: »
    57 headline id go with

are you new here?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

How about Bierhaus?

How about Bierhaus?

Cool yeah, throw it in there to the possibilities, it mustn't've been open when the last thread was going, I just took most of the venue suggestions from there.

• Advertisement

Just on dates, we're probably looking at a March date at this stage, to give people notice.

If people could talk about their preference of day.

IE, Friday after work, Thursday evening, Saturday evening, whatever.

Last one was a Friday iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Bierhaus is in Cork no?

Anyway Ive too many meets already between Beoir and the NHC

Wait...what? Cork?

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Wait...what? Cork?

lol

Ah, so it's a Dublin Beer's Beers?
    You should have said.

(I believe Galway has a Bierhaus,too)

Ah, so it's a Dublin Beer's Beers?
    You should have said.

(I believe Galway has a Bierhaus,too)

yeah, I should have said, apologies.

The majority of posters will be from Dublin though. But yeah, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Space is never at a premium in Kavanaghs these days, I find. That would be my suggestion.

As for actually attending, it would have to be in March, as I'm not presently in Ireland.

If you go ahead with it before then then I wish you well (and curse you simultaneously for being completely reasonable)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

are you new here?

so im not invited ? :(

the beerhouse is also a good location. id say just pick a date and place yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I work every second Saturday so can only commit to a saturday night until the date are decided.
    My preference is for against the grain as I've a few beoir vouchers left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ATG or Blacksheep for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'd definitely be up for this. Don't really mind where so long as it's in town.

OK so, eleven people interested, that's a good base group, I always assume that 50% of the people interested won't turn up, so would expect to see 5 or 6 people actually arrive. We had that last time and had a decent night's chat and imbibing.

We'll do March, just to give people notice. I'll also take the liberty of assuming that people would prefer not to have this mid-week, so I'll create a multiple choice poll for each Thu/Fri/Sat in March. Vote for all of your preference dates, and we'll go with the most popular.

Venue also to be decided, I'll keep that to central-Dublin located establishments - again, multiple choice, so vote for all venues that you wouldn't mind going to. Poll thread.

Advertisement