Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Bull Ring - Austrian GP

• 03-01-2015 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at tickets to this year's race at the moment. Just wondering does anyone have any advice or experience of the best part of the track to position oneself?

I remember a stat before that you could see about 80% of the track depending on where you are.

I'm leaning towards the General Admission area on top of the hill but if anyone could offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

I am looking to head here next year myself. Looking to see if anyone knows the best way to get there - Ryanair or Aerlingus and what airports to go to? Checked with an Austrian airline and you would be cheaper going to Monaco....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I was there the first year this came back to the calendar thoroughly enjoyed it probably more than monza the year before. Cold beer on tap, lovely food and if the weather is nice great view of most of the track and its surroundings at the top of turn 2 with general admission .

Aer lingus fly to Vienna direct and Ryanair fly to Bratislava which is about an hour from Vienna then its about 2- 3 hours by car from Vienna. You could fly to Munich as well that would be about a 4 - 4.5 hour drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Absolutely beautiful track and I was there 3 times during my year living in Austria but wasn't able to afford to go to the F1. Best seats in the house are at corner 1, just up on the hill there as you can see a massive amount of the track. I never made it as far as the general admission area but be prepared to walk, a lot of it is up a step hill and the weather can get very warm that time of year! If you fly to Vienna or Munich, the direct train heading to Klagenfurt stops 10 mins from the track and there are usually buses and taxi's available from Knittelfeld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭Harika

To add to the info. You can fly from Dublin also to Graz, with Lufthansa, what is the next airport that is an hour by train away. Ryanair also goes from Stansted to Linz and Salzburg who are 4-5 hours by train travel time away from the track.
    As the region is already booked out in a 50km radius, you best look for accommodation a bit further away Graz would be your best bet again here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Infoanon

CianDon wrote: »
    Best seats in the house are at corner 1, just up on the hill there as you can see a massive amount of the track. I never made it as far as the general admission area but be prepared to walk, a lot of it is up a step hill and the weather can get very warm that time of year!

Cannot emphasise enough the 'be prepared to walk' - it took an hour+ in very warm weather from the entrance to turn 7 - its unlike any other circuit I have been to in that regard and there is a LOT of uphill walking.

Also note you will need to get a circuit credit card (this can be done at the circuit) if you want to buy snacks etc (and Water which you will need !)

• Advertisement
Advertisement