Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parker Hale

Options
  • 24-08-2014 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

How often do you need to take the baffles out of a Parker Hale Moderator to clean them? Is it hundreds or thousands of rounds? The moderator is only on a humble 22lr. Or is it just a case of it getting louder then it's time?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭duckman!!

I cleaned it after every use, if you leave it to long it clogs up snd gets very hard to take apart.

FYI don't leave it anywhere damp, mine rusted up after 2 cold nights in the boot of the car!!

I got rid of it and got a SAK instead and would highly recommend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭oldtart

duckman!! wrote: »
    I cleaned it after every use, if you leave it to long it clogs up snd gets very hard to take apart.

FYI don't leave it anywhere damp, mine rusted up after 2 cold nights in the boot of the car!!

I got rid of it and got a SAK instead and would highly recommend!!

Just took it apart and it was a bit dirty, after only 30 rounds fired through it. Cleaned it the gave the baffles a wipe down with Ballistol to ward off the rust.

It is quiet enough for what I want it for, mainly CCI subsonics. Might get a Sak, but don't think it will be any much quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

one of my friends will clean it every 1000 rounds or so.
    He strips it and puts in the dishwasher in a mesh bag just give it a oil when its out does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭duckman!!

oldtart wrote: »
    Just took it apart and it was a bit dirty, after only 30 rounds fired through it. Cleaned it the gave the baffles a wipe down with Ballistol to ward off the rust.

It is quiet enough for what I want it for, mainly CCI subsonics. Might get a Sak, but don't think it will be any much quieter.

I use the CCI sub sonics as well!
    There both about the same for loudness but the
    SAK is easier to clean and doesn't rust.
    The Parker hale is nice and thin and the SAK is a bit fat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Ziggieire wrote:
    one of my friends will clean it every 1000 rounds or so. He strips it and puts in the dishwasher in a mesh bag just give it a oil when its out does the job.

I bet he doesn't let the wife know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement