Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medial Solicitor who won't charge upfront

• 15-11-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hello there

I'm looking for a medical solicitor for a negligence case, who will not charge me up front.
    Any ideas?

regards
    mystiq

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

mystiq wrote: »
    Hello there

I'm looking for a medical solicitor for a negligence case, who will not charge me up front.
    Any ideas?

regards
    mystiq

This question has been asked a lot lately :confused:
    All you need to know is answered in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 helm09

Think it's a sign of the times that hospitals are getting more and more run down and it will probably get worse after budget/bailout..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I'm not surprised. In one hospital i attended recently I know 4 people who were sent home in the space of 4 weeks with broken bones that had been missed on their x-rays. Who knows what the reasons are? Staff, equipment, training? What I can't understand is why they insist on billing you for times when the misdiagnose you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

k_mac wrote: »
    I'm not surprised. In one hospital i attended recently I know 4 people who were sent home in the space of 4 weeks with broken bones that had been missed on their x-rays. Who knows what the reasons are? Staff, equipment, training? What I can't understand is why they insist on billing you for times when the misdiagnose you.

Fractures are missed all the time. Diagnosing fractures is very often not sttraughtforward. There are a multitude of reasons. The doc who sees you in the ED isnt a consultant radiologist.

Mis-diagnosis is inherent in the practice of medicine. Failure is inherent in the practice of medicine. Adversity is inherent in the practice of medicine. Sometimes its avoidable, sometimes it isnt.

When your plane arrives late, you dont expect a free flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

drkpower wrote: »
    Fractures are missed all the time. Diagnosing fractures is very often not sttraughtforward. There are a multitude of reasons. The doc who sees you in the ED isnt a consultant radiologist.

Mis-diagnosis is inherent in the practice of medicine. Failure is inherent in the practice of medicine. Adversity is inherent in the practice of medicine. Sometimes its avoidable, sometimes it isnt.

When your plane arrives late, you dont expect a free flight.

I'd expect it to arrive at some stage though. I wouldn't expect to be just sent home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

k_mac wrote: »
    I'd expect it to arrive at some stage though. I wouldn't expect to be just sent home.

Unfortunately failure/misdiagnosis is part of the transaction in medicine. People need to start realising that. It is a risk, even when everyone is doing their job reasonably. Your suggestion that you get a refund if there is a wrong/missed diagnosis betrays this oh-so-common misunderstanding, the misunderstanding that the wrong/missed diagnosis should not have have happened and demonstrates culpability on the part of the doctor. When people bemoan the (supposedly) high rates of litigation in this area, this right here is an example of the reason why.

It is a different matter if someone acts negligently, but most missed xrays arent down to negligence.

Advertisement