Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Camera's at Night

Options
  • 15-11-2010 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Does anybody know if its ok for the speed cameras that flash to be used at night to take a photo of the front of your car if you are speeding?

I had a recent experience of being 'blinded' by such a camera and having to pull in for a while as I felt my vision was impaired. I wrote a letter of complaint to my local Garda station to which I recieved correspondance to say that the camera had been used appropriately.

I always thought that the flashing cameras should only take a photo of the back of the car to avoid causing any visual impairments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Happened to me one morning during twilight on the M1E; never followed it up though. I'd ask the RSA if they though it was safe to take flashlight photography of oncoming traffic - which I doubt they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

They're usually taken from the rear AFAIK? It could have been the flash from the opposite lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Jev/N wrote: »
    They're usually taken from the rear AFAIK? It could have been the flash from the opposite lane?

Nope, the one that got me was on the grass at the left of the Motorway, the Gardaí sent me a nice photo it took of my car also.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They should be using a magenta filter for front on pictures.

Advertisement