Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zafira - horn and steering wheel controls

Options
  • 14-10-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help me out a bit...

2006 Opel Zafira Design

overall lovely motor

one thing that has started to happen, the horn and the control on the steering wheel do not work when the engine is running. But not always sometimes they do more more times than not they don't

when the key is turned on but the engine not running the controls and horn work fine....

I have thrown the laptop onto it and it is coming back clean, no issues/faults found.....

I am suspecting a damaged wire someplace.... but I was hoping someone might have experienced this before and can give me some advice before I start tracing wires :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mr Rubicon Conundrum

have a google for Zafira CIM under recalls, we have an 06 too and we got a letter a few months back but didnt bother getting it changed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

have a google for Zafira CIM under recalls, we have an 06 too and we got a letter a few months back but didnt bother getting it changed yet.

ahhh that be sweet fix.... thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Just a Q on this : I've an 07 Zafira and the horn has always been intermittent, sometimes when pressed it would turn up the volume on the radio !

So I rang an Opel dealer today and he admitted that yes there is an issue, but it's on a case by case basis. So I booked it in and it will cost me €60 for them to test it and if it's the CIM then it will be changed.

I'm just wondering if i'll get back the €60 as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, you should ask the dealer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

The call back for the CIM module is only to put a clip on the module to stop vibrations which cause the failure.

As for those that have failed it would be down to warranty, for those that are out of warranty will come down to individual cases/dealers etc.

This same issue with Astra H's to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

I will let myself refresh this topic.Zafira B lights on so no horn anymore.Went to dealer with fuse recall and guy said this recall was only for Astra not Zafira. I wrote to GM asked for clarification in that and have recall booked for tuesday so will ask again in Sligo. Anyone still have this latter and could share it with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Fuse recall????

If you mean the CIM recall for the clip it will be as above, if its already done you will be getting the bill for replacement unless dealer is willing to contribute towards cost as good will gesture.

This recall now some 6+ years old, I would not expect much help from Opel to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

I wrote to them-it doesn't look that bad-there is a chance to get CIM for free or half price but i think i will let go-just fill have to drive with dimmed clocks:)
    The recall i have tomorrow is http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/zafiracustomeradvice.html

Advertisement