Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steering rack

Options
  • 10-09-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi guy's I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, but anyway I need to get a steering rack supplied and fitted for a 01 1l opel corsa any ideas on how this will cost me, I've rang a few garges but some don't like giving prices over the phone one quote i got was €350 supplied and fitted refurbished rack and another guy said he fit it for €90 if I got the part myself, which I'm waiting to hear back from a few scrapyards if they have any, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Juan More Time

Your garage quote seems fairly spot on....I bought a factory reconditioned rack for my car costing €280 and two litres of power steering fluid cost €20. I had intended to do the job myself but couldn't get the subframe bolts to budge, so a local garage did an excellent job for €120.

In my opinion it's a false economy getting a rack in a breakers yard..Just buy a factory reconditioned rack from a reputable supplier like Delco-Remy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Their is tons of room in your engine bay to do the job yourself if you are anyway handy look up videos online to show you it should come out the top of your car as their is so much room so you dont have to get under it.

Advertisement