Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish ferrys early booking

Options
  • 17-11-2009 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

as above got a mail from Irish ferrys offering discount for booking early for next year,so went to their site and the price is coming in over €200 cheaper than last year,have to say we are temped or will it go like last year and drop in price as the year gos on ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

i fell for that last year. when i check back in february/march the price had dropped by €200 i emailed an complained and got the new price, but they now have a disclaimer on their website that the price you pay is whatever it is at the time. by the time we were due to travel it had dropped by another €200. don't know if it will be the same this year, but i'm not booking the ferry until later.

also, i noticed there are fewer sailings to/from Roscoff this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Went to France this Septemer with a small camper for 305 all in for the two of us! The same thing would cost 436 not a bad price but still 1/3 more I'd wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Des32

What is a reasonable price for a 6 berth motorhome 7 metres approx with 4 passengers from Ireland to France and return during the summer holidays. The cheapest I can find yet is over 1200 euro which seems alot. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I checked prices last night and the return fare is coming in at around €1200 for July 09 (7 meters, 2 adults & 2 kids)
    This time last year I did the same and was quoted similar price, put off by this we decided to hold off and make a decision closer to the time. Late June '09 we checked again and got the same return deal for €730ish.
    I'm going to wait 'till mid 2010 and decide if the price is right.
    It might be worth checking Celtic Link ferries (who've done a deal with LD lines) to compare prices. Apparently they're very competitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rozi

hi, had look at prices for ireland to france for next summer, 900 for two adults and van, nearly had a heart attack. didnt even chek what they are going to charge for the dog:eek: would i be better off to wait then?:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

ours is coming in at €630 for 2 adults van over 2.5 meters hight in Aug it cost €980 last to go in June last year,this is through the irishferry site,have to say we are still tempted,:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

ours is coming in at €630 for 2 adults van over 2.5 meters hight in Aug it cost €980 last to go in June last year,this is through the irishferry site,have to say we are still tempted,:confused:

In the promotion code put in code ZCVREN as posted by V10 last year, it saved me 5% last year, not sure if it still works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

If travelling late May to Roscoff with Irish Ferries, great price last week.
    Also early September. About E200 cheaper than last year.
    I booked as cannot be beaten, even thru UK travelling in middle of night.

If you must travel at peak demand i.e. during school holidays it seems better to wait to last minute and have alternative thru UK if price not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Just priced 2 adults +camper on Irish Ferries to Roscoff/Cherbourg.

Good deal outward on first week in June.. €139 +cabin
    Also some dates outward in July @ €319 + cabin.
    Return journey is pricey enough up to 11th August (€319 +cabin)

21st July to 11th August €638 +cabins ... €776 approx.

No great early booking offer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭niloc1951

I was 'testing' for fares to France last week.
    NOW FOLLOW THIS
    Internet price, out May back September 2 star 2 berth cabin, 2 adults, MH over 2.4M heigh €396.00 Rreturn
    Tesco Travel Token price, same journey, same dates €491.00 return
    SO
    Unless you have over €25 worth of Tesco Vouchers spend them on something else or you will be paying more of your hard earned for the ferry ticket than necessary.
    As they say, cute hoooors or what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Try Nutt Travel, they usually give competitive quotes - http://www.nutttravel.com/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

i ve just been checking Irish Ferries for late may/early june.rosslare to roscoff.priced around 340euro return for 3 with a 7.2m van.it seems an ok ish price but ive never checked before so i have nothing to compare it with. this is just with a seat/no cabin.
    can we sleep in the van?is this allowed?
    thanks for any help/suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

demoreino wrote: »
    i ve just been checking Irish Ferries for late may/early june.rosslare to roscoff.priced around 340euro return for 3 with a 7.2m van.it seems an ok ish price but ive never checked before so i have nothing to compare it with. this is just with a seat/no cabin.
    can we sleep in the van?is this allowed?
    thanks for any help/suggestions.

no you wont be able to use the van when its on the ferry it will be locked in the hold,you will need a cabin imo its a long night on one of them chairs,the crossing takes 17hours

Advertisement