Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fiat 1.9 Turbo diesel Engine needed

Options
  • 22-11-2009 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hello All,

I had posted already in the talbot engine needed thread, I have more details now so I'm making a new thread.

My friends engine went soon after buying ,and is now trying to source an engine. The van is in temp storage up the north. He is based in Dublin.

Would appreciate any help with this,no joy so far ,not too many leads to sources such as breakers etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

blueyedson wrote: »
    Hello All,

I had posted already in the talbot engine needed thread, I have more details now so I'm making a new thread.

My friends engine went soon after buying ,and is now trying to source an engine. The van is in temp storage up the north. He is based in Dublin.

Would appreciate any help with this,no joy so far ,not too many leads to sources such as breakers etc.

Is it definitely Peugeot/Talbot? Some of them had Fiat engines .

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Its a Fiat Ducato and the engine is confirmed as a Fiat 1.9 turbo diesel. I think it has to be the same engine as replacement as other engines will have different engine mountings and exhaust fittings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Think the same engine is used in the Tempra or Brava or similar.. I have one , but it's been idle a good while . What do you need? A bottom end?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭124 man

Have a complete van with perfect 1.9 turbo engine if it suits you

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

Thanks for offer. The seller of the van (engine went 2hrs after sale) has found a 2nd van to buy for parts. He agreed to meet half way on the cost so my friend is waiting to see what happens. Hopefully it gets sorted quickly as its in a garage up the north, I'll give you a shout if it doesn't work out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement