Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Irish sense of humor.....

• 26-10-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

I think we have a great sense of humor. I was away for a few years and met some different nationalities and there are a lot of different nationalities in Ireland that I have met since, very few of them actually laugh as much as we do, I think.

I'll give an example-I was on a road trip with a Girlfriend and her family, her father said we'd stop and have a bite to eat, some peanut butter and jelly......I was in the back of the truck and I said-''Far from peanut butter and jelly I was reared John'' well fu*k me pink, if he didn't lose the rag, went on that he ate it growing up and he turned out fine, blah, blah, blah....... When he had finished his Spiel, I left him know I was joking :D But jesus, things like that happened more than once in the States.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

People usually tell me I'm caustic, and a complete arsehole.

I find my own jokes hilarious though, and that's all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

People usually tell me I'm caustic, and a complete arsehole.

I find my own jokes hilarious though, and that's all that matters.

My best friend's sense of humor is that of a complete asshole as well, he actually brings me to tears laughing sometimes with the **** he goes on with.....

Ah sure, jayus but aren't we a grand bunch of humble ould Irish gobsh*tes :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

YOOOOOOOOOOKES.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

.I was in the back of the truck and I said-''Far from peanut butter and jelly I was reared John'' well fu*k me pink, if he didn't lose the rag, went on that he ate it growing up and he turned out fine, blah, blah, blah....... When he had finished his Spiel, I left him know I was joking :D But jesus, things like that happened more than once in the States.....

Well in fairness to him that expression is used with irony quite regularly in Ireland, but there is no way it'd be understood as a joke by an American. It just wouldn't have the same meaning. I would have thought that a puzzled expression was what to expect though, not him losing the rag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

That road trip sounds like a fcukin nightmare.
    In a truck with a contrary old bollix and nothing to eat but peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

You won't find funny around here. All you'll find is piss blasting yore ma at three fiddy in the morning something something travellers and dole, it's a disgrace Joe.

I think I've covered all the angles there.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

I think we have a great sense of humor. I was away for a few years and met some different nationalities and there are a lot of different nationalities in Ireland that I have met since, very few of them actually laugh as much as we do, I think.

I'll give an example-I was on a road trip with a Girlfriend and her family, her father said we'd stop and have a bite to eat, some peanut butter and jelly......I was in the back of the truck and I said-''Far from peanut butter and jelly I was reared John'' well fu*k me pink, if he didn't lose the rag, went on that he ate it growing up and he turned out fine, blah, blah, blah....... When he had finished his Spiel, I left him know I was joking :D But jesus, things like that happened more than once in the States.....

Did John fcuk you pink in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭TheHighest92

are you sure you weren't just getting on his nerves during the road trip with the cringy irish blarney that irish people come out with abroad? maybe nothing to do with the peanut butter comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Aaaaah ye big bollix ya! Aren't ya a big bollix ye big bollix! *pokes chest with finger* ye bollix. :D

• Advertisement

That road trip sounds like a fcukin nightmare.
    In a truck with a contrary old bollix and nothing to eat but peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches.

Haha, you have no idea man, drove from Colorado all the way back to New York, you could cut the tension with a knofe, his poor wife and other kids, jeezus, I was eating sunflower seeds and with them, I put them in my mouth and kind of chew the nut out of the seeds, it makes a bit of a noise, but really not ****ing terrible, he lost the rag that he couldn't concentrate with me chewing :eek: if I wasn't undocumented, I would have gotten out and rented my own ****ing car and drove back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Haha, you have no idea man, drove from Colorado all the way back to New York, you could cut the tension with a knofe, his poor wife and other kids, jeezus, I was eating sunflower seeds and with them, I put them in my mouth and kind of chew the nut out of the seeds, it makes a bit of a noise, but really not ****ing terrible, he lost the rag that he couldn't concentrate with me chewing :eek: if I wasn't undocumented, I would have gotten out and rented my own ****ing car and drove back!

That's the point when you start masturbating and crying for the duration of the trip. If you're going to be uncomfortable, then so should be everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Humour.

That's the point when you start masturbating and crying for the duration of the trip. If you're going to be uncomfortable, then so should be everyone else.

Haha, I got my back on him when I got engaged to his daughter a few weeks later....that didn't go down too well..... :D

[-0-] F**k off !!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Funeral humor...always depressingly hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sparesandwich

Here lies this bollix who still owes me a tenner. Although his life was short it was a joyous life, he was always at the heart of the party. Well he was until it came to his round where he'd disappear like farts in the wind. Good riddance to ye ye cheap bastard.

Lord graciously hear us.

Advertisement