Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has Boards.ie taught you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Never heard of blue waffle pic till I joined boards, thanks guys, vomit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

people are moany bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

There are still some incredible, truly inspirational people I've yet to meet in the world, and there's a hell of a lot of them hang out in AH, and by extension Boards of course... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Never use the phrase "C U Next Tuesday" on boards....u will get banned!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Cuntt.

/awaits ban

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It's taught me that the best way to judge a persons intellect is by what television programmes they watch. For instance anyone that watches The Wire is a genius. Anyone that doesn't enjoy it is too stupid to 'get' it, it has nothing whatsoever to do with some people having different tastes than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

To blast your thinly veiled ma with piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Cuntt.

/awaits ban

It didn't help that I was ratted out. I won't rat u out.direct it me again though...different story

Edit: the word **** appears ok....it's the phrase c u next Tuesday that seems to be the issue

keano2012 wrote: »
    It didn't help that I was ratted out. I won't rat u out.direct it me again though...different story

Move on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

That no matter what the thread topic is religion, politics, or dole scrounging will be brought into it. I've also learned that hardcore conspiracy theorists are as mad as a box of frogs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭creep

That the people up on their high horse really annoy me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Ya betta back yo shit up or y'all gonna get called out on it, mmm hmm.

Writing in accents is difficult.

That, as much as we thankfully don't have a "far-right" movement in this country, there's still enough racists and xenophobes and denialists that right-thinking people must stay on their guard against any such ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I've also learned that as an Norn Irish unionist (atheist, non violence supporting type FYI) that it is very easy to get drawn into the endless sectarian nonsense on some threads on here. I promise myself I will not get involved but I do sometimes end up going around in circles with various shinner bot types and I don't really feel good about it afterwards.

My early resolution is to try to stop involving myself in this type of crap and stay more on the threads that give me a laugh. I want more people to jokingly talk about the knifing of U2 members (comic timing genius btw),odd spoons in drawers, bike seat covers as helmets etc.

I hope I can mostly adhere to this but it's quite hard. Lol. I wouldn't envy a mods job in here to be honest. Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If you cant find a job your not looking hard enough and its clearly your fault!!.

When i was your age i had three jobs and walked to each one barefoot in the snow etc etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭TheHighest92

that people love talking about northern ireland, southerners have more interest in the place than most of northern irelands citizens do

If you cant find a job your not looking hard enough and its clearly your fault!!.

When i was your age i had three jobs and walked to each one barefoot in the snow etc etc....
    Don't forget getting up for work an hour before you got home from the previous shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Grammar. I've always been good at spelling but the whole your/you're/there/their/they're thing was completely lost on me until I joined Boards.

Thank you grammar nazis!

My two favourite ever posts are recent ones, Jesus they still make me piddle my pants when I read them. Proper belly laughs :D

El Guapo!'s fcuking spoon.
    And Auntie Psychotics respect for animals.

You know those links were class.

On a more serious note though I read further down on the animal one. The killer whale attack on its trainer at sea world i think was a whale called Tilikum. I watched a documentary film called "blackfish" that mostly focused on this whale. Eek. I started a thread on it called Blackfish.

Jaysus that freaked me out. That whale has killed 3 people. It's supposedly psychotic. The film is something well worth watching for anyone looking something a bit different. I thought it was amazing and pretty scary.

timthumbni wrote: »
    I've also learned that as an Norn Irish unionist (atheist, non violence supporting type FYI) that....

Are you one of those non-violent unionists who supported the RUC/UDR/BA back in the day? I don't remember the RUC/UDR/BA singing John Lennon songs and throwing flowers at the civil right marchers Tim.
    it is very easy to get drawn into the endless sectarian nonsense on some threads on here.

What sectarian nonsense? In my experience the mods come down on sectarian nonsense pretty quick. Are you saying the Catholics are making trouble for you? Can be specific and point out the 'sectarian nonsense'?
    I promise myself I will not get involved but I do sometimes end up going around in circles with various shinner bot types and I don't really feel good about it afterwards.

So essentially what you're saying is 'I've learned not to draw 'shinner bots' on me but I'm going to go right ahead and invite a challenge from a 'shinner bot'? Guess what? You won't get away with dismissing any challenge to your views as meddlesome 'shinner bot'-ism.
    My early resolution is to try to stop involving myself in this type of crap...

You've made a really shite go at it so far.

• Advertisement

Maybe we should avoid proper discussion for this thread? Can see it getting closed pretty quickly otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

It has thought me that im always wrong and everyone else is always right

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

KKkitty wrote: »
    That no matter what the thread topic is religion, politics, or dole scrounging will be brought into it. I've also learned that hardcore conspiracy theorists are as mad as a box of frogs.

6 pages in and there you go politics, and a hint of religion :pac: Two or three posts above this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Maybe we should avoid proper discussion for this thread? Can see it getting closed pretty quickly otherwise.

Why would a thread be closed on how somone thinks things should be drawen, surley anyone can draw stuff to make apoint. Surley they should be good at making their point.That there is probably comedy. Surley you would know that :D

As you can see my first post here is 100% neutral. It mentioned nothing about perceived sectarianism or Unionist-bots or anything like that and I'd expect to be called out on it if I did.

Tim just could help himself but get a couple of digs in against people he disagrees with while pretending he's above it all. I don't think it's unreasonable to point it out.

Are you one of those non-violent unionists who supported the RUC/UDR/BA back in the day? I don't remember the RUC/UDR/BA singing John Lennon songs and throwing flowers at the civil right marchers Tim.

What sectarian nonsense? In my experience the mods come down on sectarian nonsense pretty quick. Are you saying the Catholics are making trouble for you? Can be specific and point out the 'sectarian nonsense'?

So essentially what you're saying is 'I've learned not to draw 'shinner bots' on me but I'm going to go right ahead and invite a challenge from a 'shinner bot'? Guess what? You won't get away with dismissing any challenge to your views as meddlesome 'shinner bot'-ism.

You've made a really shite go at it so far.

Jaysus chuck, even here you can't leave it. You are like a wee annoying false widow spider. I'm not interested in one of your political discussions on this thread. I'm sure we will meet on one soon enough. Are you following me by any chance? It just seems a bit weird.

Lets talk about the fictional knifing of a U2 member instead. You might even have a laugh. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Jaysus chuck, even here you can't leave it. You are like a wee annoying false widow spider. I'm not interested in one of your political discussions on this thread. I'm sure we will meet on one soon enough. Are you following me by any chance? It just seems a bit weird.

Lets talk about the fictional knifing of a U2 member instead. You might even have a laugh. Lol.

Awww Jayus guys relaxo's pleasties, lovely :)

Awww Jayus guys relaxo's pleasties, lovely :)

I don't understand what you mean. Can you clarify?

In fact I'm off this one. It started off quite nice. Then a few of the usual suspects start their normal boring nonsense.

I feel a bit stalked now. It's a bit weird I have to admit.

• Advertisement

Jaysus chuck,

Who's Chuck? You feel stalked? You know it's against the charter to speculate on the former identity of contributors don't you?
    even here you can't leave it.

Irony.
    You are like a wee annoying false widow spider.

I like spiders - they help get rid of flies.
    I'm not interested in one of your political discussions on this thread.

But you consciously brought politics into this thread not I.
    Are you following me by any chance? It just seems a bit weird.

I posted before you. Are you following me? Weird indeed.

Edit: I was wrong. You posted before me. I hadn't noticed until you got political.
    You might even have a laugh.

I get plenty of lols, thanks.

Advertisement