Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What has Boards.ie taught you

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

timthumbni wrote: »
    I was accused of being a uvf drug dealer no less numerous times. ONe of those posters was banned.

Accused of being a UVF member by some Provo wasn't it?

I'm the other 'Provo', aren't I? Not quite as bad as that 'Provo' though according to you.
    you aren't as bad as that other Provo poster

boards.ie

See that? He associates you with the UVF and you associate me with the Provos. Birds of a feather, eh?

I associated neither of you with any illegal activity despite your slandering of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Really I managed to do that, that is a shirley cluster****, my appologies, gee whiz :(

And I smell too, sometimes I feel I can't get a head of myself, particularly when it comes to my own stink, awww gawd ain't life unfair :(

Not you, there was a poster I got you confused with called the golden miller. My bad. I don't have any issue with you aside from mistaken identity. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Accused of being a UVF member by some Provo wasn't it?

I'm the other 'Provo', aren't I? Not quite as bad as that 'Provo' though according to you.

See that? He associates you with the UVF and you associate me with the Provos. Birds of a feather, eh?

I associated neither of you with any illegal activity despite your slandering of me.

What do you think of the tdv123 poster who wouldn't shed a tear for the murder of the 2 murdered garda? You seemed to be sailing to his aid last night despite him being an obvious republican troll. Weird.

Thank god you ended up hopping it down south years ago Charlie. You seem so
    Angry that you may never have lasted up here in "da occupied north" you would have done yourself an injury.

Personally I wish for a nice Northern Ireland for everyone to live in peacefully. It's not easy but maybe we will get there. Maybe one day you will even move back up here to help make this wee country a better place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Will you 2 give it over for jaysus sake!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Boards has also taught me never to open a thread called N.Ireland : do we care anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Really this is what you guys actually get out of boards.ie. And I think I'm bizarre ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

timthumbni and Charlie Rock, Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

That no matter how much I hate myself, I hate sooooo many others more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Boards.ie has taught me that the pc brigade is strong and growing stronger by the day. The death of the internet is neigh apon us

Boards has taught me not to respond to people spouting stupid shíte ........err damn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Board has taught me that I kinda feel sorry for Tom_Cruise but I'm not going to admit it openly.

• Advertisement

stoneill wrote: »
    Board has taught me that I kinda feel sorry for Tom_Cruise but I'm not going to admit it openly.

I feel sorry for trolls sometimes too. He's been permabanned so you won't need to be thinking about him any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

danniemcq wrote: »
    timthumbni and Charlie Rock, Do not post in this thread again

Boards has taught me that any time I see a post like this then is worth investigating :D

... and that the average boards.ie poster's spelling and grammar is sh1te

... and lastly that when I'm judging others spelling and grammar I pay extra attention to my own :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I feel sorry for trolls sometimes too. He's been permabanned so you won't need to be thinking about him any more!

Dear Whoopsy

Please can you permaban the real Tom Cruise?

Regards

TBM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That there is good music out there, I just have to look in the right places to find it.

That all beer is p*ss water, except for ones not easily available in the local off license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Omackeral wrote: »
    That there is good music out there, I just have to look in the right places to find it.

That all beer is p*ss water, except for ones not easily available in the local off license.

Or if you're a particular mod, that Harp is ambrosia of the gods themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Boards has taught me that people on the cycling forum know loads about bicycles, and try to help newbies avoid costly mistakes they made, but alas to no avail.

diomed wrote: »
    Boards has taught me that people on the cycling forum know loads about bicycles, and try to help newbies avoid costly mistakes they made, but alas to no avail.

Ah yes, the words "Got doored today" appear frequently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Or if you're a particular mod, that Harp is ambrosia of the gods themselves!

Or... You could have a pint of Harp while you're playing the harp :D

(and probably slice the fingers off yourself :()

Hmm, that's one of those "Good Idea, Bad Idea" things :pac:

"Pint a' Harp 'n' a packet a' dates please?"

Fine, fine, I'm going back to sleep now, wake me up in time for the nurse doing her rounds, she has an arse you could park your bike in and balance a pint of beer on!* :D

*Line shamelessly stolen from Bridget Jones old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

That if you say the skies blue, someone will furiously tell you its green.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

Its teaching some people how to count to a million!..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

Its thought me to be careful what you post in after hours!

It's not a place to ask where to go to make your pussy (cat) better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

That internet users are the same as politicians: they will NEVER publicly back down in an argument or admit to being wrong. Ever. Even when they start to feel that way.

It's like they think the world would implode if they did.

The sky isn't actually blue btw ;)

It also taught me lots of nice things.

Really, though, it's as blue as much as anything else is the colour it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

1. That I'm always wrong, even when I'm right. Hell, especially when I'm right.

2. You can get red-carded by a mod for adding the words 'blast with piss' in an AH post.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

whirlpool wrote: »
    Really, though, it's as blue as much as anything else is the colour it is.

Boards is also mentally exhausting.:(

Boards is also mentally exhausting.:(

Take 2 aspirin & call me in the morning vicar :)

Dear god - "sky is blue"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

It taught me what to do if I ever find a locked safe on my property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

that a lot of irish people still have an outdated,backwards, bandwagon mentality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

That you'd better keep any opinions that go against the grain to yourself (especially any opinions that might appear to be too charitable), or you'll be rapidly flamed out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Thought me that all Irish tradesmen are completely useless and untrustworthy , and that everyone knows an excellent tradesman called Krystoff who will work for forty euro a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

That if you have a radically different opinion on some contentious issue you're automatically a troll.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

its taught me that i should have been a french woman

i'd like to hear more of this story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

That if you have a radically different opinion on some contentious issue you're automatically a troll.

Nah, it's all to do with the way in which you express that radically different opinion. If you can't express your opinion in a thoughtful manner that indicates you are disrespectful of other posters opinions, then it should come as no surprise that they will feel under no obligation to be respectful of your opinions.

That's not a unique Boards thing though, that's just human nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

That I'm not the only degenerate, deviant on boards.ie...yay :D

Advertisement