Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do women find muscular men attractive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm 4 foot 11 so I always think the big muscly guys could break me. I don't find it very attractive.

The pic Teddy uploaded of himself would be my happy medium for a fella. I'd rather skinny than bulging with muscle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

DramaQuee wrote: »
    A broad man who is nice and strong enough to carry me is what I like. I'm fairly tall, size 10 but weigh 65 kilos. It isn't really the 'muscular look' as such I go for, but the feel of the strength, it has to give me deep down a knowledge that this man is so masculine, I feel fragile and feminine. If he is naturally broad and doesn't do weights, fine, but if he is pretty slight I would definitely need him to bulk up with muscle. My ex was only 5'9" but he seemed a LOT bigger when his shoulders were huge from doing weights. (I am 2 inches taller than him).

So a skinny guy would have to bulk up before you would date him?

Some lads don't like doing weights.

I like weightlifting but I do it for me and and if I didn't like it I wouldn't do because someone asked me to.

It's kinda like a guy asking a girl to loose weight before he would go out with her IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Personally, I find it very unappealing. There's something almost unnatural looking about it. Not for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I like strong looking men. Toned but not muscular 6 packs etc dont reqlly do it for me. Hugh jackman is the dream man. Right amount of muscle and a hairy chest. Just yummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    If somebody has a 6 pack, I can honestly say I wouldn't date them. I find them freakishly disgusting looking.

I don't like fat blokes, but anything from thin to a little bit of extra weight is fine. Not a fan of muscly men at all.

What if they cunningly disguised their six pack by wearing clothes? Would you dump a perfectly nice guy 3 dates in on the grounds of having a 'freakishly disgusting' six pack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DramaQuee

So a skinny guy would have to bulk up before you would date him?

Some lads don't like doing weights.

I like weightlifting but I do it for me and and if I didn't like it I wouldn't do because someone asked me to.

It's kinda like a guy asking a girl to loose weight before he would go out with her IMO.

There are enough well built guys to choose from, I guess nature just selects the ones you like, I don't ask or tell anyone what to do. Just like some guys are attracted to short girls with short legs and big boobs, that's who they will go for. No point in a guy asking me to shrink my legs or inflat my boobs, there are loads built to measure, out there ready made.

People ARE allowed have a preference you know, different strokes for different folks. Lots of singletons to go around ;) pick one that suits you.

I like big ;) guy, surely it is the masculine trait a woman goes for, strong/ muscular. Definitely he'd have to be a fair bit bigger than me, if not in height, in breadth. I don't want to feel like I'm bigger and stronger physically than the man I'm with, I only feel sexy when I feel feminine, so it's a non negotiable for me because I wouldn't be attracted at all without him having significant physical strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

What if they cunningly disguised their six pack by wearing clothes? Would you dump a perfectly nice guy 3 dates in on the grounds of having a 'freakishly disgusting' six pack?
    3 dates huh?
    *wink wink*

• Advertisement

There are enough well built guys to choose from, I guess nature just selects the ones you like, I don't ask or tell anyone what to do. Just like some guys are attracted to short girls with short legs and big boobs, that's who they will go for. No point in a guy asking me to shrink my legs or inflat my boobs, there are loads built to measure, out there ready made.

People ARE allowed have a preference you know, different strokes for different folks. Lots of singletons to go around ;) pick one that suits you.

I think this would work great...if certain people didnt go around "zyzz style" in nite clubs etc...I have no problem with guys/girls choosing to look however they want...but keep it to yourself...acting the fúcktard on a night out I can do without for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It's not like people are getting a feedback sheet. "Too scrawny. Points for effort but must try harder." If someone's not what you like in a build, them changing because they find out isn't going to make them attractive. What's attractive in fit, athletic people isn't the health, it's the mind that makes them need to keep that shape.

What's attractive in fit, athletic people isn't the health, it's the mind that makes them need to keep that shape.

In your opinion (I would tend to agree...but I also like the fact that
    a) they look good
    b) they make an effort to look good
    c) they are more likely to be healthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Not.
    Strong yes, but not the well defined muscles, yuck.
    I like a bit of belly too. (:o)

GreeBo wrote: »
    I think this would work great...if certain people didnt go around "zyzz style" in nite clubs etc...I have no problem with guys/girls choosing to look however they want...but keep it to yourself...acting the fúcktard on a night out I can do without for example.

Share the pain GreeBo, WHAT exactly are you trying to say?

Share the pain GreeBo, WHAT exactly are you trying to say?

I guess dickheads are dickheads, maybe its just that people like Zyzz give the rest of the built people a bad name...but there is a lot of prancing around and wearing tops that are too small when going out involved...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Zyzz did not/does not seem to be a dickhead from his videos... The 'built' people who give built people bad names are people on things like jersey shore. Zyzz had a perfectly sculpted body and roids or no roids put a huge amount of work and dedication into it, compared to people who go to the gym to look good for when they go out drinking.

All of this wearing tops that are too small stuff is a bit confusing to me. Of course body builders who spend a huge amount of time in the gym are going to want to show off their body. It's like somebody choosing any certain style of clothes because they prefer how it looks on them. If somebody has the appropriate physique then there's nothing wrong with it... It seems to be said a lot by slightly overweight people holding a pint who "could look like that if they wanted" but will never bother.

I know a couple of guys who do trot around trying to show off their "guns" constantly, and it's annoying and cringy to see, but Zyzz was effectively a performer, and he was just living up to his internet persona in videos (and was a stripper by day..), and was quite funny while doing so...

Zyzz did not/does not seem to be a dickhead from his videos...

Annnnnd Im out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Yes. There's absolutely no point in being with somebody if I find them a complete turn off. They'd deserve somebody who finds them attractive as they are, not somebody who finds their body a turn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Annnnnd Im out.

You really think he was being 100% serious?

aaaaaaaaaaand I'm out.

Of course people are allowed a preference, personally I like slim to slightly curvy women and don't feel like I should feel guilty for not being attracted to heavy women.

You say you like built guys and there is nothing wrong with that, the point I was probing a little deeper was why go for a skinny guy and ask him to bulk up which is what was mentioned in the post I quoted.

• Advertisement

I never heard of this zyzz fella but I take it he is dead by the way people are talking about him in the past tense.

He looks like a young guy in the picture so it's seems odd he died so young.

I never heard of this zyzz fella but I take it he is dead by the way people are talking about him in the past tense.

He looks like a young guy in the picture so it seems odd he died so young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

He looks like a young guy in the picture so it seems odd he died so young.

Nah man Im not dead, Im right here! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

I don't, personally. I tend to prefer guys who are skinny or pudgy. But a good personality on a muscly guy is equally attractive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Access Denied

Not for me, but my best friend would worship you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

It is pretty clear now from this thread that women don't have a clue what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Original poster in aw of zyzz...hmm...
    That halfwit cycled tren, test, t3, clen and worst of all a drug called dnp...

I'm sure most women would love living with or dating someone who was one one foot in the grave

Only roids and and dangerous thermogenics will give u such a build , and also kill your nuts and personality.

Good luck with that !

Btw it was dnp that killed him

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

First off I'm talking about athletic type fitness, not body builder types.

I think most women who say they don't like the fit muscular part are talking baloney. What they hate is the guy's perceived or actual personality. The hate the fact that he might be arrogant, not interested in much else other than the gym, be a bit vacuous or just an asshole who won't treat them very well.

However if the same ripped person was just a good guy or a bit embarrassed about the fact that he was ripped and had other interests then I'd imagine that would be the women's perfect man.

lol jking. guys who don't lift are beta fags. women who don't like ripped alpha lifters like me obviously aren't in my league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

parc wrote: »
    First off I'm talking about athletic type fitness, not body builder types.

I think most women who say they don't like the fit muscular part are talking baloney. What they hate is the guy's perceived or actual personality. The hate the fact that he might be arrogant, not interested in much else other than the gym, be a bit vacuous or just an asshole who won't treat them very well.

However if the same ripped person was just a good guy or a bit embarrassed about the fact that he was ripped and had other interests then I'd imagine that would be the women's perfect man.

lol jking. guys who don't lift are beta fags. women who don't like ripped alpha lifters like me obviously aren't in my league

Lol, I love how some men here automatically assume they know what women want and the women themselves are deluded.

I like 'fit' guys. I like the idea of dating somebody who would happily go for a run or to the gym with me. I don't like how a 'ripped' guy looks aesthetically. Nothing to do with personality at all. Two guys I know who are extremely ripped are some of the nicest guys I've ever met. Still don't find them attractive aesthetically.

Funnily enough, men don't always know what we women want. ;)

You really think he was being 100% serious?

aaaaaaaaaaand I'm out.

ok, how about I meet you halfway?
    He pretended to be a serious dickhead, 100% of the time.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm 4 foot 11 so I always think the big muscly guys could break me. I don't find it very attractive.

Annnnnd Im out.

does this mean that Zyzz is actually Greebo?

Big muscly men are sexy :) They are normally teddy bears, much more gentle too. They don't have to prove themselves or be bullies, any I have known have been so considerate, polite and still manly. They are disciplined, they eat well, like I do, they usually don't abuse their bodies and are interested in other areas of personal development apart from being the best physically they can be. I love men with great muscles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I don't like the look of overly muscular guys. I am generally more attracted to guys who I always think are lean but my friends call skinny. :confused::confused: I don't like the feel of bulging bits (I can hear all the sniggers) whether they be muscle or fat.

Of course this is all on a purely physical level, if I met a zyzz-ed man with whom I had a connection, then why not? I wouldn't let his Johnny Bravoness get in the way of a possibly good relationship if we got along.

does this mean that Zyzz is actually Greebo?

Nope, GreeBo is bald as an egg and has brains.:pac:

fuuuuuuuuuarrrrkk

zyzz1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Zyzz wrote: »
    fuuuuuuuuuarrrrkk

zyzz1.jpg

You mirin bro? :p

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    You mirin bro? :p

lolol u aware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

That man is ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

fuuuuuuuuuarrrrkk

zyzz1.jpg

This has made me hot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

shalalala wrote: »
    That man is ew
    I had written something slightly stronger than that but yeah, icky!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Thomasmartin

Hot

Was watching a programme earlier on about Jodie Marsh where she was entering a bodybuilding competition in the States.

The women seem to loose their boobs and asses when they start to pack on the muscle.

I'm sure some men might like that look but I don't see it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Was watching a programme earlier on about Jodie Marsh where she was entering a bodybuilding competition in the States.

The women seem to loose their boobs and asses when they start to pack on the muscle.

I'm sure some men might like that look but I don't see it myself.

yup Id say alot of the guys that find that attractive are bi or just closet plain queer tbh :confused:

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I had written something slightly stronger than that but yeah, icky!

Leave teddy alone :mad:

• Advertisement

But do lady dogs like muscular dogs?http://shar.es/hyU24

Thought on Jessica Ennis then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

She's get it. But I don't appreciate her 6-pack. I'm pretty athletic myself, but I prefer slim, feminine women.

Too skinny.

I think a body like Tanya from Eastenders has is hot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement