Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do women find muscular men attractive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

I see what you did OP. Never mind the fact he's dead but trolling for Tim Sharkey info, right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Brah

There's no doubting that the dude is smashing looking, but that doesn't mean he's attractive to all women. I can understand this because basically he's the male equivalent of the typically hollywood hot woman who I can't even see as a real person and therefore really don't find attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Does nothing for me and most women I know, he looks like a skinny perma-tanned self-obsessed head-wrecker, the type that would hog the bathroom for hours on end.

Fair play on the uber low body weight and extreme definition, that's obviously hours of gruelling gym work and strict dietary discipline, but if you're doing it for the wimminz you'll prob just find yourself attracting your female head-wrecking perma-tanned equivalent. Fair enough I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

1ZRed wrote: »
    That myth that steroids makes your penis smaller isn't true.

They are supposed to shrink a guys nuts though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Stop making excuses. Arnie went under the knife cause of the juice he took. "Family history" is his excuse... Was he a politician by any chance??

How is that an excuse, he admits he took steroids. He is born with a problem with his heart. The steroids didn't cause heart trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

All women like cake.

That you can be sure of.

Physical appearance is impossible to generalise. I know a lad that's into plumpers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

tomthetank wrote: »
    Does nothing for me and most women I know, he looks like a skinny perma-tanned self-obsessed head-wrecker, the type that would hog the bathroom for hours on end.

Fair play on the uber low body weight and extreme definition, that's obviously hours of gruelling gym work and strict dietary discipline, but if you're doing it for the wimminz you'll prob just find yourself attracting your female head-wrecking perma-tanned equivalent. Fair enough I suppose.

Did you know him personally? I sure hope so when you're throwing out such generalisations that he's a self obsessed head-wrecker?
    I find that type of body attractive, but I can assure you Im far from a head-wercking perma-tanned 'wimminz'.
    Try not to judge people purely on looks, makes you look a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

I train 3 times per week really hard.... but not to be attractive i cannot care less!!! just to be able to eat like a pig and enjoy extremely good food!!!! and you know, now that i am doing it, my wife seems more attracted, not because i start to show some muscle, but because i am much happier! :)
    in a nutshell:
    Women are attracted by happy men!!!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Bro, do you even lift?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

FearDark wrote: »
    Bro, do you even lift?
    Moi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

blacklilly wrote: »
    I've a few good friends that are body builders, two In particular are big into it, one carries it off well and it suits him, the other looks like a meet head and I've yet to meet one girl that finds him attractive. He is a good looking gut but far too muscular.
    It's nice to be fit and healthy and yes some women do like muscles but just as many like skinny men. Preferably I'd prefer a Rugby player build, its more natural looking

I think I know what you're trying to say, but I've heard that "rugby player build" one too many times.

Mike Ross, Devin Toner, Peter Stringer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Different strokes for different folks and all that but in general most women would find athletic guys attractive, but not so much the 'condom-stuffed-with-walnuts' body-builder look. As in, Brad Pitt from Fight Club rather than Arnie from Conan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What are peoples opinions of muscles on penises?

Get your GP to take a look at that if I was you :p

Sauve wrote: »
    Get your GP to take a look at that if I was you :p

No no it's cool, I lift.

No no it's cool, I lift.

Nice brah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

dub_skav wrote: »

I think I know what you're trying to say, but I've heard that "rugby player build" one too many times.

She probably means the Rob Kearney look

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks and all that but in general most women would find athletic guys attractive, but not so much the 'condom-stuffed-with-walnuts' body-builder look. As in, Brad Pitt from Fight Club rather than Arnie from Conan

Yeah probably more like someone like Steve Cook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

dub_skav wrote: »

Nothing like a bit of The Bull. I heard he even has road frontage.

What was your knob doing in the ocean for that long?

• Advertisement

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Nothing like a bit of The Bull. I heard he even has road frontage.

What was your knob doing in the ocean for that long?

Fishin for compliments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Op im just reading up on this zyzz chap . Dead at 22 from a heart attack I would suspect would be from steroids .
    Why would you strive to have a body that cant keep you alive .
    Join a football team.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

I don't, my friends think it's weird I don't like muscles/six packs but that's how it is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭tomthetank

Sauve wrote: »

I find that type of body attractive, but I can assure you Im far from a head-wercking perma-tanned 'wimminz'.

Of course you're going to say that.

No didn't know him, just going on experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 ScriptedAlibi

After reading this thread it appears to me that there's a lot of begrudgery going on. Fair enough if it's proven yer man was on roids, but it seems to be common practice in this country now to put down people who go the extra mile and succeed. He might be orange but there's a fcuk load of green faces in this thread.

The guy has a good physique, one that granted takes work but isn't unachieveable.
    Not my kind of look with the fake tan etc but I can see he's attractive.

Muscular guys are hot, yes. But it's not just a look thing, it's respect for the work that goes into it too. It says a lot about people when they slate guys for simply looking after themselves as taking pride in their appearance.

Jelly much?

After reading this thread it appears to me that there's a lot of begrudgery going on. Fair enough if it's proven yer man was on roids, but it seems to be common practice in this country now to put down people who go the extra mile and succeed. He might be orange but there's a fcuk load of green faces in this thread.

The guy has a good physique, one that granted takes work but isn't unachieveable.
    Not my kind of look with the fake tan etc but I can see he's attractive.

Muscular guys are hot, yes. But it's not just a look thing, it's respect for the work that goes into it too. It says a lot about people when they slate guys for simply looking after themselves as taking pride in their appearance.

Jelly much?
    He died from a heart attack att 22 . His brother was caught with steroids . Ok its circumstantial but come on .

• Advertisement

He died from a heart attack att 22 . His brother was caught with steroids . Ok its circumstantial but come on .

I believe I said that it's fair enough if this particular guy was on gear, but my point is that not every guy who is lean and muscular is on steriods! As appears to be the general consensus amongst naysayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Fair play to you. Of course zyzz was juicing. Poser. Unfortunately guys like you are rare. Most lads go for the quick fix and in reality their the ones Ye can spot a mile off as juicers
    Yeah, and then all the blood will run from his brain to his biceps and he'll end up a halfwit like the rest of those knuckle-dragging apes, am I right?

Get a clue, man. Adding weight to the bar is immensely satisfying in and of itself. Before I gave up games completely, I used to be a big fan of stat-based RPGs. Lifting weights scratches the itch I was left with when I put the consoles aside. It's like levelling up in real life.
    skate1968 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was never really all that muscular but i did lift many years ago.

And what i noticed that was my gym muscles were less practical.

Meaning that i was friendly with guys who were contractors. And i could bench press more than them. But when i helped them move things -- sofas, big tables, etc -- they were MUCH stronger than myself. In other words if we weren't lifting perfectly balanced weights with a bar to grip then THEY were stronger than I.
    What do you mean by "more practical?" I don't carry heavy, awkwardly shaped objects around on a regular basis. How would the ability to do so efficiently be practical to me?

What is more practical exercise for a prop forward? A heavy squat, or running around with a Christmas tree for reps?

What is more practical to a sprinter? A big power clean, or being proficient in carrying boxes up the stairs?
    That's the difference between a bodybuilder and a strongman (ie.strongman completions)
    There's a difference, I'll tell you one area in which they're the same at the top level: they're both hooked up to an IV feeding them HGH and testosterone 24/7. By your standards, neither of them are carrying "natural" muscle (damn idiots with their synthetic muscle).
    There's no need for proof that he was on steroids, the evidence is there in the pictures. You don't carry that level of muscle at that level of bodyfat without being on performance enhances. Not that I have a problem with that; the guy wasn't competing in a sport (and by the way, it is naive in the extreme to believe that use of PEDs does not occur at the top level of ALL sports, they are misled), it was his own personal decision to augment his physique. It's not like you can just take anabolic steroids and sit on your whole while your "fake" muscles balloon out. You have to put the work in, and many of these drugs facilitate faster recovery from intense training sessions, so basically you can work harder - hardly qualifies as cheating, in my book.
    I believe I said that it's fair enough if this particular guy was on gear, but my point is that not every guy who is lean and muscular is on steriods! As appears to be the general consensus amongst naysayers.
    People who are that lean while carrying that much muscle are definitely on performance enhancers.

Pace2008 wrote: »

There's no need for proof that he was on steroids, the evidence is there in the pictures. You don't carry that level of muscle at that level of bodyfat without being on performance enhances. Not that I have a problem with that; the guy wasn't competing in a sport (and by the way, it is naive in the extreme to believe that use of PEDs does not occur at the top level of ALL sports, they are misled), it was his own personal decision to augment his physique. It's not like you can just take anabolic steroids and sit on your whole while your "fake" muscles balloon out. You have to put the work in, and many of these drugs facilitate faster recovery from intense training sessions, so basically you can work harder - hardly qualifies as cheating, in my book.

People who are that lean while carrying that much muscle are definitely on performance enhancers.

Could you point out where exactly I contested or asked for proof that he was on steriods? I made a general statement about common perceptions regarding impressive physiques which was not specific to that particular guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

23 is too f_cking young. Yes, it would be great to look like Zyzz but what's the point if you burn out so fast. Just work out and eat and don't be one of those guys who develop an Adonis complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

efb wrote: »
    Muscle boys just scream narsasistic queens to me

I think most of those sort of comments come from guys who do nothing much with their bodies in ways of exercise

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

snausages wrote: »
    23 is too f_cking young. Yes, it would be great to look like Zyzz but what's the point if you burn out so fast. Just work out and eat and don't be one of those guys who develop an Adonis complex.

What age is the right age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

The answer to your question is no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

What age is the right age?
    I mean that 23 is too young to die. I know a lot of people are attracted by that burnt out instead of fade away type philosophy but it just seems like such a sadness that he had to die so young.

Although his brother is still alive and kicking and more or less living the same kind of lifestyle as him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

What does "Rugby build" mean these days anyway? Most rugby players are ridiculously in shape and ripped these days from what I can see, it's asking a bit much imo!!

His attitude to women is apalling . He main selling pitch is go to the gym then you will be banging bitches . Look at me I shop in the 7-12 girls section for my t shirts so that everyone can see my nips at all times .
    He has an advantage though he was good looking before the gym membership .
    I dont think turning yourself from a nice ugly fecker to a perma tanned girl t shirt muscly ugly fella with an arse for a personality is going to get you any more bitches than you already were brah .

I did 'lift' . Some years ago . Nobody approached me begging for sex because my six pack looked good . I think speaking to women like they are individuals and not a big swarm of bitches that you wanna **** would be a better method of pulling .
    But the huge fitness industry wants you to think putting in 5 hours a week in the gym and 40 quid for creatine and **** over years is better than just adjusting your personality .
    There is of course the odd bimbo that read in a magazine that she should find these talifornia looking people attractive but they are few and far between .

Ever see a big gym head in a shopping centre . His missus is usualy a bit of a weapon .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdBoybKnzZw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Op im just reading up on this zyzz chap . Dead at 22 from a heart attack I would suspect would be from steroids .
    Why would you strive to have a body that cant keep you alive .
    Join a football team.

AFAIK it was a cocaine binge in Thailand that aggrevated an undiagnosed heart problem that did for him in the end.

He did take steroids, but there's a lot of different types of steroids and a lot of bulls*** in circulation as to their effects and side-effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

People seem to be missing the point. You could do steroids, if that was your thing, and live a long and fairly healthy life full of muscliness. Or you could do a bunch of yokes and cocaine and hang out in a sauna like this young chap, and see how long you last. Him being on the juice and dying young are only tangentially connected, really.

People seem to be missing the point. You could do steroids, if that was your thing, and live a long and fairly healthy life full of muscliness. Or you could do a bunch of yokes and cocaine and hang out in a sauna like this young chap, and see how long you last. Him being on the juice and dying young are only tangentially connected, really.
    Hhmm thats what a steroid delaer or user would say .
    You could also say his heart was weak from the steroids and a bit of coke did him in . A dose I could take without having any problems .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Hhmm thats what a steroid delaer or user would say .
    You could also say his heart was weak from the steroids and a bit of coke did him in . A dose I could take without having any problems .

If we're talking about that Zyzz guy, he had an undiagnosed heart defect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    What does "Rugby build" mean these days anyway? Most rugby players are ridiculously in shape and ripped these days from what I can see, it's asking a bit much imo!!

Saw Tommy Bowe recently. Expected him to be like an upside-down triangle but he just had huge back muscles. Not surprisingly really when you think about it.

Caliden wrote: »
    Saw Tommy Bowe recently. Expected him to be like an upside-down triangle but he just had huge back muscles. Not surprisingly really when you think about it.

I love the 'rugby build' (I have a bit of a quads fixation :P) but I really don't get the hype about him.

Walked smack into him in Donnybrook a few months ago, i.e. my face into his chest and I'm 5'10 - how friggin tall is he?! But anyway, he didn't float my boat at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I personally don't like muscular men, I much prefer a bit of a belly, nice and broad, tall.

Sure we all have our tastes :)

I personally don't like muscular men, I much prefer a bit of a belly, nice and broad, tall.

Sure we all have our tastes :)

I think that's what most women mean by "Rugby build", am I right/wrong?

You do all know Zyzz was a real life troll? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I think that's what most women mean by "Rugby build", am I right/wrong?

Awww bless. No they mean tall and muscular. Bulky and defined I would guess, as opposed to lean and defined like say, a footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Different women like different things, some like, big arms, shoulders and a 6 pack, other like a normal looking guy, other like a guy carrying a little weight ...

Bitch in general be crazy, but you should all be thankful that they are!!

Now im off to wax my chest like Teddy ...

Creature wrote: »
    Awww bless. No they mean tall and muscular. Bulky and defined I would guess, as opposed to lean and defined like say, a footballer.

Yeah but the term rugby build has been around for ages. Nowadays rugby players are huge, but also lean and defined. 10 or 15 years ago it was different, they were a bit fat, drank 20 pints after a big game, and didn't have personal nutritionists etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Yeah but the term rugby build has been around for ages. Nowadays rugby players are huge, but also lean and defined. 10 or 15 years ago it was different, they were a bit fat, drank 20 pints after a big game, and didn't have personal nutritionists etc.

That and a rugby players build depends on where they play, Prop v wing

• Advertisement

Different women like different things, some like, big arms, shoulders and a 6 pack, other like a normal looking guy, other like a guy carrying a little weight ...

Bitch in general be crazy, but you should all be thankful that they are!!

Now im off to wax my chest like Teddy ...

In my opinion you just can't measure attraction like that. Sure, you might have a preference for broad shoulders - but if you really click with someone who doesn't have them you're hardly going to pass up on them over that!!

Advertisement