Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women gardai cleared of handbag attack on taximan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

sasta le wrote: »
    http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/women-gardai-cleared-of-handbag-attack-on-taximan-29694480.html

What ye make of this case?Should have charged or warned them all maybe

27 euro from the city to Portmarnock? Souds about right - why did they refuse to pay?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

story doesn't make much sense...sounds like one side is telling porkies

i can guess which side

i notice they paid him the next day..very generous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

27 euro from the city to Portmarnock? Souds about right - why did they refuse to pay?

I live in Portmarnock and never paid more than €20. Normally €17 from O'Connell Bridge and that's always at nighttime when higher fares apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

If they fell asleep there is a good chance they were locked.The taxi driver was not.27 sounds good to me .They didnt pay the man that night ,which is an offence in its self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Chances are when they reported the incident to the superior they were probably advised to pay ,
    As for the assaults and non assault /false statements , I certainly hope it doesn't end there ,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Was the taxi driver charged with assault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

bigpink wrote: »
    Was the taxi driver charged with assault?

No, oddly enough - the judge was curious about that too: why only one side made a complaint.

I would have thought a guard would know what to do even if being overcharged for the ride home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

Francis E-Z is his name and the boyz comin'

Straight outta Compton
    Here's a brutha that'll smother ya motha
    And make ya sista think I love her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgInoVbM77E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

€27 sounds right for that distance to be honest- I live in Swords and usually pay about €23-€25 for a taxi from town.

I find it very odd that only one side made a complaint- if he really did kick the crap out of them why on earth would they not want to see justice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I find it very odd that only one side made a complaint- if he really did kick the crap out of them why on earth would they not want to see justice?

Mmmmm let me see now..... :pac:

Used to live in Swords and the fare sounds about right to me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

another screw up by Gsoc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

veetwin wrote: »
    I live in Portmarnock and never paid more than €20. Normally €17 from O'Connell Bridge and that's always at nighttime when higher fares apply.

They were picked up on camden st though. Easily €27 from there to portmarnock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Got off cause there guards id say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Both suffered injuries which I presume were backed by medical evidence. One said that she asked him to stop ten times, possibly because of the standard of driving. I would say a little bit of both parties acting the maggot, one of whom was aided and abetted by our old friends in the Diageo family.

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Both suffered injuries which I presume were backed by medical evidence. One said that she asked him to stop ten times, possibly because of the standard of driving. I would say a little bit of both parties acting the maggot, one of whom was aided and abetted by our old friends in the Diageo family.

Think we can leave the unnessecary assumptions out, can't we?

Advertisement