Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter to braille ?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hey,

I'd like to get a letter produced in braille.

Is there a service that does this ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Try these guys; http://ncbi.ie/services/services-for-individuals/library

Do make sure that the recipient can read Braille. Some people may prefer electronic version (email) or even large print.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just as a matter of interest, and excuse my ignorance, but does braille vary in the same way that sign language does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

looksee wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest, and excuse my ignorance, but does braille vary in the same way that sign language does?

If you're talking about Irish Sign Language, British Sign Language and American Sign Language, then no, they don't have those different dialects.

Braille is a letter-for-letter translation, so other languages is just a matter of different spelling. I'm not sure how they handle umlauts and cedillas etc.

There is Type 1 Braille and Type 2 Braille, which have different uses. A quick Google should set you right there.

Advertisement