Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sign out of gmail to find all my history and bookmarks are deleted

• 15-03-2015 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

I signed into my gmail last night and a box comes up in the top right corner having my first name in it. It is still there even after I signed out of my gmail. Before I turn it off I click to "change user". Then google chrome ****s down and won't open. So I turn my laptop off and on. This works this time but Google Chrome opens in a new part of taskbar (so every time I open google chrome now it has two emblems of it). It works and I see ALL my history and ALL my bookmarks are gone. I did a scan which removed any viruses, etc but I stilll don't have them. I urgently need them. Ppeease help me get all my history and bookmarks back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Google (relatively recently, last 6 months maybe?) added in the feature at the top of the Chrome toolbar to "sign into chrome"
    Chrome will store profiles for users (history, bookmarks, etc...), so that if multiple people use the same computer you can easily swap the settings.

If you remove a profile from this feature, it will remove all of the bookmarks, history, etc... saved for that profile.

If you sign into your Google Account as your profile (so that your name appears at the top in the Chrome toolbar), then Google will save all of the related settings on their servers for your account, if you allow them via privacy settings (this way you could sign in on another PC and resume where you left off from another computer).

If you login to your google account and take a look at the details saved under the headings "Chrome Sync" and "Search History" you'll be able what Google has saved on their servers for your account.
    https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Google (relatively recently, last 6 months maybe?) added in the feature at the top of the Chrome toolbar to "sign into chrome"
    I've been signed into Chrome for at least 3 years now, most definitely more. It was only made more visible in the last 3 months.
    Polar Ice wrote: »
    If you remove a profile from this feature, it will remove all of the bookmarks, history, etc... saved for that profile.
    Only if you also check the box to delete all of that information at the same time.

OP It sounds like the Google Chrome profile which includes data such as bookmarks, history, etc. stored on your computer was corrupted in some fashion causing the issues you had. This data may still be stored on your computer in some fashion and could be copied over to the new Chrome profile. From your post I presume you are on Windows, unfortunately I don't use Windows and can't direct you to the correct folders.

I suggest you look at this support page for information on creating a new profile in Chrome and copying over the relevant data to it.

Advertisement