Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laptop for strategy game

Options
  • 27-02-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'll be getting a new laptop in the next few months, and I want to make sure that I'll be able to use it for strategy games and the like. I'm talking about the Total War series, Command and Conquer etc. My current piece of sh*t laptop played Rome: Total War well enough, but really struggled on more recent incarnations. And by struggled, I mean barely played them at all. A desktop is out of the question, so it has to be a laptop. I'm looking for two things really- first, any suggestions on specific laptops; second, the type of specifications that I should be looking for.

I don't want to splash a fortune but don't mind spending a decent amount on the right machine. Also, I'd rather whatever I get have a capacity to play future releases, within reason of course.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Give us a figure of how much you want to spend. Your idea of a fortune, and mine may be very different!

What size do you want it to be? Is battery life important?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hmmm, good points there. I'd like to spend around €800. I'll be using it for work too, so carrying it around a good bit so don't want it too heavy. Battery life isn't essential. I'd like decent battery life obviously, but doesn't need to be a record breaker or anything.

Advertisement