Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tears of the Sun

• 21-08-2003 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Just watched this and thought it was excellent.. Sure the plot has been seen before more or less but its done very well I thought. Antoine Fuqua directed it, he did training day (did not see that one) and is currently doing King Arthur which im an extra in so I was curious to see how he is as a director. I have to say I thought it was great, very well done and an eye opener, I dont think I have seen as many atrocities shown in a film before. I don't understand how any human can do those things.

Anyway excellent movie, should be out in Ireland soon, its on DVD in the US which is how I saw it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

I agree. I thought this was one of the better movies I've seen in a while.

Go rent Training Day, you won't be dissapointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Will do :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Had mixed feelings when i saw this...

Bruce Willis is a leader of a SEAL team sent to extract 3 forign workers from an African village before they are caught up the the cival war that has just started.

Seems simple enough till they refuse to go with out the 70 or so locals. Leaving Willis with a moral problem, leave the locals to their deaths or attempt to save them (disobeying orders in the process)

There is a section set in a village where the rebels are raping and pillaging which is quite disturbing. (which i think Saruman is refering to)

Its a very plausible story line (Specil Forces have been given missions identical to this in the recent past)

I saw it advertised in a local cinema months ago but no sign of it yet....

Advertisement