Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA Social Care NUIG (Distance/Online Learning)

Options
  • 03-07-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done/ is doing the above course and can shed some light on it for me?

Just have a few questions..

How often do you have to attend galway for seminars/ workshops?

How often do you complete assignments/ exams as part of the course?

Also some feedback on work placement would be great too.

I'm based in dublin so would like an idea as to how doable it is with two childen as a distance learning degree :)

Thanks in advance,

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭hairycakes

Hi, I was looking into this a while ago and spoke to the course coordinator who was very helpful. The main thing he said was that you would need to have experience within the social care area for at least a year before they would consider you really. I didn't at the time so I didn't proceed with it. Just important to know before you start looking into it further.

I didn't have the experience so didn't go for it after. I'm going a different route now.

I know I didn't answer any specific questions but thought it would be good for you to know. You should give them a call though, they are very helpful and informative.

Advertisement