Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City of God

Options
  • 07-08-2003 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Rented it last night. What a brilliant film. Great acting, superb story. Would highly recommend it. My god it's an eye opener to see all those kids with guns and
    it was an awful scene when they shot the 2 kids in the foot and then executed the older one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Yeah, excellent film. That scene was especially disturbing.

I found City of God extremely hard to watch at times. There is a superb documentary included on the DVD, which has to be seen to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Best film ever. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Fantastic movie. Still one of the best that I've seen this year. And every single person who has seen it brings up that scene. Very disturbing and uncomfortable to watch, but also powerful cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Superb film. Saw it at the start of the year and its still the best film i have seen this year. Looking forward to buying the DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

loved it - must buy it on dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

excellent film my 2nd favourite film ive seen in the last year or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Sorry to drag up this semi-old thread but I just saw this and absolutely loved it. Was this in cinemas because it bloody well should have been. Fantastic acting and yeah, I found the above scene fairly disturbing alright along with
    the rape scene, I know you just see it for a split second but christ, your imagination plays with you and can you put yourself in Knockout Ned's position? *jesus!!*
    It's scary to think this kind of thing actually goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah it was in the cinemas. Dunno how many it was in but I think it got a general release. Was back around Jan/Feb.

Advertisement