Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chalk windows

• 12-11-2015 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, At the point of picking windows, have more or less decided on mj futureproof pvc triple glazed but not 100% sure on colour, have seen a lot of ivory but have'nt came across their chalk colour yet. Was wondering if anyone has had chalk installed or has any advise on this colour, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Hi Joe, we recently went with a near identical option to you but decided on the white in the end as the "chalk" from that manufacturer just had too much cream in them. We plan on keeping our house near white and felt the chalk would clash with it too much. The other majpr difference is that the chalk has a texture (fake wood) finish to the pvc while the white pvc is smooth.

Are you based in Cork by any chance? I know a few houses that are finished in mj chalk

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joemac

Hi cpoh1, many thanks for reply, we dont mind the cream look but think that the ivory colour is very strong, that is why we are thinking of chalk. Would love to see a finished house with this colour but rep tells me there is none in area at all, we are in north midlands, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Do either of you have an example of MJ Ivory colour - either a photo or can direct me to see a house (I'm Cork based) trying to decide on Ivory (RAL 1015) or Cream (RAL 9001) at the moment.

Afraid Ivory is too yellowish, afraid Cream is too white-ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

PM sent

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Are you based in Cork by any chance? I know a few houses that are finished in mj chalk

Any chance u could PM the location of one of the mj chalk houses in Cork please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 joemac

hi sticky, was in the same position as you recently, we found it hard to see a house with chalk windows fitted but did eventually. It really depends on how house will be finished ie paint, sandstone, limestone etc but imo on first glance ivory is def too yellow whereas chalk is not white. We went with chalk and hope to have them fitted next week, can pm pic then if any good but imo it would be better to see a completely finished house, good luck, its a big decision

joemac wrote: »
    hi sticky, was in the same position as you recently, we found it hard to see a house with chalk windows fitted but did eventually. It really depends on how house will be finished ie paint, sandstone, limestone etc but imo on first glance ivory is def too yellow whereas chalk is not white. We went with chalk and hope to have them fitted next week, can pm pic then if any good but imo it would be better to see a completely finished house, good luck, its a big decision

Cheers Joemac. Cpoh above sorted me out with the location of both a house with Ivory (which I went to see) and a house with chalk (going to see next Sat).
    It's actually for the inside of the windows I'm trying to decide chalk/Ivory.
    Based on the Ivory house I saw - don't get me wrong it looked savage for the colour scheme they had - it's defo too yellow for me I think, over time it would grate and it could influence furnishings and finishes inside the house. I really want the windows to be a neutral palate (inside) but I don't want them to be white! I think I'll be going for the chalk

Advertisement