Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phenom II x4 B55..researching my first OC!!

Options
  • 22-08-2011 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've just recently build a new PC with a second hand Phenom II x2 555 which has had the 2 redundent cores unlocked (now showing as x4 B55) and overclocked to 3.8Ghz, so a nice little overclock and running stable.

I want to do my own overclock though as I kinda feel like I'm wearing a strangers underpants :D. I have been researching lots and feel that I'm capable of doing my own OC. I have read a few guides from various websites but if anyone can point me to a well regarded "best" guide that would be sweet.

I would be interested to see how my own attempt to overclock compares to to the overclock saved on the BIOS.

Thanks,
    Moo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

With an unlocked multiplier it really is terribly simple. You jack up the multiplier until it gets unstable. If you want to go higher you just increase the voltage and the multiplier bit by bit. Do what you are doing and keep researching. Make sure you know the limits voltage wise of the CPU and take your time.

Advertisement