Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free hobbies/activities groups in Cork/County Cork

Options
  • 19-07-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    I live near Cork and I am 22 years old. I am interested in variety of things including Computers (Web development, IT technologies, games etc), shooting, fencing, martial arts, art (I don't do it myself - I am just admiring it) especially music, books, anime.

I wonder - are there any activities, clubs or hobby groups in Cork (or nearby) that are either free or not expensive (lets say max 20 - 30 euro per month). I am looking for something where can I met new people (cause I don't really like to met new people in a pub or nightclub. It is to loud to talk and I am not drinking at all so...) and eventually learn something, or improve my current skills.

PS. I know that there were similar topic - I have read them but they didn't include much free/cheap activities. I am looking forward to start studying in September so I have to save money for studying expenses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

most sports clubs are inexpensive or just like surfing are free after an initial investment in equipment. Where do you live? Most areas are strong in some minor sport and would be glad of an extra member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If you are studying in september in cork, all the colleges have strong clubs and societies on campus. Most of them are very reasonable, maybe a couple of euro membership and loads of free events.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lickiring

On the art side if things, cork vision centre on North Main Street has no admission fee and often has some really cool exhibitions. Similarly the Glucksmann Gallery in UCC main campus is free.

The most fun activity I've done in cork was in the circus factory. They've a Facebook page where they post details of upcoming classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 czarnaton

I live in Kinsale - everything I have found so far is tennis, golf and rugby club. Golf and tennis are too expensive and Rugby require quite more body mass that I have:) Still thank you for your info. I will definitely try some of them out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I forgot there's also a toastmasters and an open water swimming club http://sandycoveswimmers.com/

Advertisement