Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Palestinaisn being slaughtered and a prick with a cowboy hat is on frint page

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What did Palestinians really think would happen when they started firing hundreds of rockets at them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

moxin wrote: »
    The media(especially the British media) gave far more coverage to the kidnapped Israeli teenagers than the revenge murder of the Palestinian. Also they never gave any coverage to the 5 or so Palestinians that died at the hands of the Israelis just before the kidnapping of the Israeli teenagers.

Its as if Israelis are superior human beings to the Palestinians.

Interesting - that's a kind of microcosm of the bigger issue in this thread - what gets reported and what doesn't.

I think the 4 boys deaths were covered equally. Remember the first three lads were missing for a lot longer so it seemed like more coverage. No one aware of the murders of the first 3 boys would have been unaware of the murder of the 4th lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Why is that?

Is it:

a) Hamas do not want to kill Israelis?
    b) Israel's missiles are more effective, but consequently more deadly than Hamas'

Of course Hamas want to kill Israelis.But if I have a billion dollar defence budget backed up by my big old brother the USA who provide me with state of the art tanks,fighter jets, al types of precision guided missiles and one of the largest armies in the middle east I would expect someone to try and stop me while I unleashed on an impoverished nation with inaccurate weapons who are suppressed and trapped in by land air and sea.Its collective punishment on the Israeli side and innocents are dying.

What did Palestinians really think would happen when they started firing hundreds of rockets at them?

What did the Israelis think when they expelled the palestinians from their own land and slaughtered them for trying to reclaim it

davmol wrote: »
    Of course Hamas want to kill Israelis.But if I have a billion dollar defence budget backed up by my big old brother the USA who provide me with state of the art tanks,fighter jets, al types of precision guided missiles and one of the largest armies in the middle east I would expect someone to try and stop me while I unleashed on an impoverished nation with inaccurate weapons who are suppressed and trapped in by land air and sea.Its collective punishment on the Israeli side and innocents are dying.

Respective military strength has nothing to do with it.

Intent has everything to do with it.

Hamas wish to kill Israelis - any Israelis...adults, children, palistinian Israelis, Jews, visiting tourists with every rocket. The fact that the rockets are aimless is just good fortune.

Israel wishes to kill Hamas fighters and disable rocket launch sites and equipment with every missile. It doesn't wish to kill innocent civilians. It avoids launch missiles where innocent casualties are likely. But innocent people (as ever in these circumstances) still get killed.

It's all about intent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I'm aboslutelty sick of seeing the type of crap posted in the OP. It's been regurgitated by some folks I have on facebook. It's just like that Kony stuff and shares to cure cancer all over again.

The media and news should be primarily directed towards local issues. For us Garth Brooks currently makes a part of that. But as stated in here and some other threads there are more concerning Irish issues which should have a higher presence in our news prodding at those who should be accountable.

Honestly, fúck Isreal, fúck Palestine. There have been attempts to direct peace between them yet they are always twitching, waiting to let loose on each other. It doesn't matter any more who's right or wrong over there.

genocide should never be ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Lots of collateral damage.

And this of course would have nothing to do with the fact that Hamas is trying to use civilian areas as a shield for launching their rockets?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What did the Israelis think when they expelled the palestinians from their own land and slaughtered them for trying to reclaim it

Do you think Israel has the right to exist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

More Israelis would have been killed only for their defence systems shooting down some of the rockets and people going into shelters as soon as the sirens go off.

Everyone is bemoaning the poor Palestinians but forgets that they are continually firing onto Israel. Is Israel to stand still and let them? Some would think so.

Yes,side by side with the Palestinians who were indigenous to the land and who claim Jerusalem as their religious heart.Do you think its right for Indigenous people to be expelled from their land with no right to return?

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    And this of course would have nothing to do with the fact that Hamas is trying to use civilian areas as a shield for launching their rockets?

:rolleyes:

A cafe on a beach where people have gathered to watch the World cup?Sounds like a regular terrorist haunt to me.:rolleyes:

Or at an apartment block inhabited by hundreds of other palestinians..again all who lived in that block were terrorists including the children.

Lets just believe the IDF that all those were Hamas militants.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Don't be too harsh on this cowboy. After all his 'heart is broken'.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

Israel was seen to be shooting Palestinian teenagers at random in may, Nadeem Nawara and Mohammad Salameh were killed.

Israeli army isnt doing the regular israeli people any favours.

Hamas wish to kill Israelis - any Israelis...adults, children, palistinian Israelis, Jews, visiting tourists with every rocket. The fact that the rockets are aimless is just good fortune.

Israel wishes to kill Hamas fighters and disable rocket launch sites and equipment with every missile. It doesn't wish to kill innocent civilians. It avoids launch missiles where innocent casualties are likely. But innocent people (as ever in these circumstances) still get killed.

It's all about intent.

Respective military strength has everything to do with it.Both want to kill each other ,lets be clear but should the world sit back and turn their heads at what is basically a free for all slaughter where innocents are being murdered.
    Israel should be allowed respnd but does it have the right to murder 20 Palestinians for every 1 Israeli?
    If mossad have identified these 'terrorists' and know where they live then why unleash the terror the Israelis have on a polulation as a whole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 354 ✭✭pO1Neil

It has a right to exist yes a lot of states are founded on injustices & violence (our own state was founded on violence).

To answer your earlier question. Something like Hamas was doing was inevitable if you oppress people long enough soon enough they'll rise up & take action.

Like in the North for example. The difference with the IRA/British Army conflict is Britain didn't start flatten Irish towns or cities after the Brighton bombing or the Warrington boming for examples as they knew the majority of people they'd be hurting would be totally innocent. Israel (a supposed democratic state like the UK) doesn't care about innocent people. They'd kill 100 innocent people for every bad guy they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Is Israel to stand still and let them?

Israel stand still? Lol. Where are her borders at this week? :pac:

Perhaps the only thing that can bring peace to the region is an epic performance of 'The Dance' by the man himself. I can see it now, the stage would actually straddle both sides of the Israeli Wall. Palestinians on one side, Israelis on the other and just a cowboy on stage with a guitar... Eventually they give in, tear down the wall, hug each other and begin the biggest collective line dance in history.

Respective military strength has everything to do with it.Both want to kill each other ,lets be clear but should the world sit back and turn their heads at what is basically a free for all slaughter where innocents are being murdered.

Clarrification - Hamas want to kill Israelis - any Israelis. Israel wants to kill Hamas terrorists firing rockets into Israel. Crucial difference.

It's all about intent.

Yes, it does, Sharon's son said Nagasaki & Hiroshima would be good ideas for Gaza. Do you think innocent people would be hurt if a atomic was bomb dropped on Gaza?

pO1Neil wrote: »
    They'd kill 100 innocent people for every bad guy they get.

Whereas Hamas would just kill 100 innocent people.

Clarrification - Hamas want to kill Israelis - any Israelis. Israel wants to kill Hamas terrorists firing rockets into Israel. Crucial difference.

Well their doing a pretty sh!t job of it if that's true which it's not.

• Advertisement

Whereas Hamas would just kill 100 innocent people.

But their not Israel is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Post strangely devoid of mention of rocket fire from Gaza into Israel.
    because of israels actions in general, but then while israel continues to use being the jewish state to Emotionaly blackmail america britain and others by making out that criticism of israel is anti-jewish then they will operate with impunity until they get all territory, an evil terrorist state is what israel is frankly

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

My reference was to the inncoent deaths of many young palestinian children due to Israeli 'Surgical strikes' on one of the most densely populated areas of the world.Lots of collateral damage.

Almost a hundred dead and hundreds injured,the tollwill rise further before the Israelis are finsihed.

at the last count there were NO Israeli fatalities

Hamas intentionally fire their rockets from civilian areas so when the Israelis retaliate they hit civilians. So technically Hamas are killing their own people. If Hamas cared about civilians they'd fire their rockets from unpopulated areas as they are always clear of the area before the counter battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Yes, it does, Sharon's son said Nagasaki & Hiroshima would be good ideas for Gaza. Do you think innocent people would be hurt if a atomic was bomb dropped on Gaza?

Nope, wouldn't hurt a bit actually, be over in a flash

Garbage-You dont shoot a guided missile into one of the most densely populated areas of teh world if you want to spare innocents.You dont use Phosporous gas on the population if you dont want to kill innocents.I could go on,its quite clear the Israelis want to kill innocent palestinians as there is PLENTY they could do to prevent collateral damage as they call it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Hopefully not always.

It would have helped them this time if Hamas hadn't kidnapped three israeli boys and shot them, ditto the morons who murdered the palistinian boy in revenge. But what really went against them was the lobbing of rockets into Israel.
    doubt it, israel needs no excuse

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Let's not pretend here. The elements of Palestine who are firing on Israel want to kill everyone in Israel. The elements of Israel who are firing on Palestine want to kill everyone in Palestine.

Neither of those groups are the good guys weeping over every innocent life lost.

The reasons for this conflict are no longer important. Those who hate, want the opposition dead. Simple as that. And they're both going to continue until one side is gone.

I think Sharon's son saying this makes it very likely to happen. Almost a certainty, in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

You can say this title for any day of the week, any week of the year. There is always something worse happening somewhere else.

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    Nope, wouldn't hurt a bit actually, be over in a flash

Ahahahaha tens of thousands of dead people, never knew you could make death so funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement