Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Palestinaisn being slaughtered and a prick with a cowboy hat is on frint page

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 354 ✭✭pO1Neil

Whereas Hamas would just kill 100 innocent people.

But their not Israel is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Post strangely devoid of mention of rocket fire from Gaza into Israel.
    because of israels actions in general, but then while israel continues to use being the jewish state to Emotionaly blackmail america britain and others by making out that criticism of israel is anti-jewish then they will operate with impunity until they get all territory, an evil terrorist state is what israel is frankly

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

davmol wrote: »
    My reference was to the inncoent deaths of many young palestinian children due to Israeli 'Surgical strikes' on one of the most densely populated areas of the world.Lots of collateral damage.

Almost a hundred dead and hundreds injured,the tollwill rise further before the Israelis are finsihed.

at the last count there were NO Israeli fatalities

Hamas intentionally fire their rockets from civilian areas so when the Israelis retaliate they hit civilians. So technically Hamas are killing their own people. If Hamas cared about civilians they'd fire their rockets from unpopulated areas as they are always clear of the area before the counter battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

pO1Neil wrote: »
    Yes, it does, Sharon's son said Nagasaki & Hiroshima would be good ideas for Gaza. Do you think innocent people would be hurt if a atomic was bomb dropped on Gaza?

Nope, wouldn't hurt a bit actually, be over in a flash

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Clarrification - Hamas want to kill Israelis - any Israelis. Israel wants to kill Hamas terrorists firing rockets into Israel. Crucial difference.

Garbage-You dont shoot a guided missile into one of the most densely populated areas of teh world if you want to spare innocents.You dont use Phosporous gas on the population if you dont want to kill innocents.I could go on,its quite clear the Israelis want to kill innocent palestinians as there is PLENTY they could do to prevent collateral damage as they call it.

Hopefully not always.

It would have helped them this time if Hamas hadn't kidnapped three israeli boys and shot them, ditto the morons who murdered the palistinian boy in revenge. But what really went against them was the lobbing of rockets into Israel.
    doubt it, israel needs no excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Clarrification - Hamas want to kill Israelis - any Israelis. Israel wants to kill Hamas terrorists firing rockets into Israel. Crucial difference.

Let's not pretend here. The elements of Palestine who are firing on Israel want to kill everyone in Israel. The elements of Israel who are firing on Palestine want to kill everyone in Palestine.

Neither of those groups are the good guys weeping over every innocent life lost.

The reasons for this conflict are no longer important. Those who hate, want the opposition dead. Simple as that. And they're both going to continue until one side is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Yes, it does, Sharon's son said Nagasaki & Hiroshima would be good ideas for Gaza. Do you think innocent people would be hurt if a atomic was bomb dropped on Gaza?

I think Sharon's son saying this makes it very likely to happen. Almost a certainty, in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

You can say this title for any day of the week, any week of the year. There is always something worse happening somewhere else.

• Advertisement

wexie wrote: »
    Nope, wouldn't hurt a bit actually, be over in a flash

Ahahahaha tens of thousands of dead people, never knew you could make death so funny.

humanji wrote: »
    Let's not pretend here. The elements of Palestine who are firing on Israel want to kill everyone in Israel. The elements of Israel who are firing on Palestine want to kill everyone in Palestine.

That's just not true. Hamas fires at random, regardless of casualties. Israel, despite killing innocent people, do aim to avoid killing innocent people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Neither of those groups are the good guys weeping over every innocent life lost.

The reasons for this conflict are no longer important. Those who hate, want the opposition dead. Simple as that. And they're both going to continue until one side is gone.

What's most bizarre (to me at least) that this is spanning generations, I genuinely can't imagine teaching your kids to hate something or someone so much they'd end up ruining their lives over it. (same is happening up north)

Was reading this article http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27883685 recently and have great respect for those people and their attitude.

That's just not true. Hamas fires at random, regardless of casualties. Israel, despite killing innocent people, do aim to avoid killing innocent people.
    No, they don't. They have the ability to make precision attacks. They don't use it because they don't care. Why should they? Their own people are being massacred. Hate drives them.

Look the IRA was a much bigger threat to the British state than Hamas is to the "Jewish" one. Yet never in a million years would the RAF being doing to Ireland (mainly because they'd never get away with it) what the IDF is doing to Gaza (mainly because they can get away with it.).

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Again,Missiles at apartment blocks in one of the most densely populated areas of the world is indiscriminate killing.Using phosporous gas on a population is indiscriminate.A gas that is illegal by almost every international agreement but of course bully boy Israel get away with it as its not a crime if the worlds law enforcer ,the USA,says its not.

Dont fool yourself by the IDF press core and their claims that they want to only kill Hamas.Its Bull,the Israelis would like nothign better than to wipe out the palestinians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

OP, answer is very simple: Palestinian / Israeli war has been going on for decades, Garth Brooks incident is brand new. Regardless of the moral implications, the media always has and always will prefer to run with new stories rather than long term, ongoing ones.

Fires at random? So their missing their targets on purpose?

No, they don't. They have the ability to make precision attacks. They don't use it because they don't care. Why should they? Their own people are being massacred. Hate drives them.

They have the ability to make precision attacks, yes. They use it, but they are not magicians and will mistakes.

With Hamas, it is never a mistake. Every lucky kill of any Israeli is a source of joy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

So Hamas kidnap 3 young Israelis and kill them and bury them. Some extremist Jews kidnap a Palestinian and burn him alive.

Hamas fire a sh!t load of ****ty rockets into Israel. Israel retaliate by firing a sh!t load of awesome rockets into Palestine.

Its not a case of one being bad and the other good. They are both as bad as each other, Israel just have the more effective weapons!

They have the ability to make precision attacks, yes. They use it, but they are not magicians and will mistakes.

With Hamas, it is never a mistake. Every lucky kill of any Israeli is a source of joy for them.

They haven't expiernced much joy then say they came to power. Unlike like IDF who have had 1000's of joys since 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Every right thinking person knows what Israel is doing to the Palestinian people is a form of genocide. They won't be happy until they have taken control of all of Gaza and either killed or forced the Palestines from their land. They are doing to Palestine what Hitler did to the Jews all those years ago and no one is doing anything about it. We Irish are more interested in Garth Brooks than the murder of innocent women and children.

Fires at random? So their missing their targets on purpose?

No. They want to hit Israeli targets and kill people. But their technology is so poor that they are effectively lobbing missiles at random.

They haven't expiernced much joy then say they came to power. Unlike like IDF who have had 1000's of joys since 2006.

Israel does not rejoice in the killing of civilians. Hamas very much does.

Respective military strength has nothing to do with it.

Intent has everything to do with it.

Hamas wish to kill Israelis - any Israelis...adults, children, palistinian Israelis, Jews, visiting tourists with every rocket. The fact that the rockets are aimless is just good fortune.

Israel wishes to kill Hamas fighters and disable rocket launch sites and equipment with every missile. It doesn't wish to kill innocent civilians. It avoids launch missiles where innocent casualties are likely. But innocent people (as ever in these circumstances) still get killed.

It's all about intent.
    Respective military strength has everything to do with it.
    Intent has everything to do with it also.
    Israel wishes to kill civilians and take the whole territory of gaza
    It wishes to kill innocent civilians as a way of punishing everyone and hopefully taking back gaza and any more territory it can get.
    It does not avoid launching missiles where innocent casualties are likely, but deliberately does it in the hope of killing as many as possible, the more they get the happier they are
    it was a state built by terrorism and murder and continues as such using emotional blackmail and accusing people of being anti-jew if they criticise them as a way of keeping countries from criticising their actions, and making the likes of america scared to refuse to keep up their military strength
    such emotional blackmail was used during the 1967 war where the US could have told them to get stuffed but didn't because they were afraid to do so, everybody knows deep down israels actions are wrong

What's most bizarre (to me at least) that this is spanning generations, I genuinely can't imagine teaching your kids to hate something or someone so much they'd end up ruining their lives over it. (same is happening up north)

Was reading this article http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27883685 recently and have great respect for those people and their attitude.

It's a vicious circle. If someone does something terrible to you, it'd be hard not to pass that hate onto your children, even if you don't intend to. The more enlightened people who want peaceful resolutions are easily shouted down by those who are angry and those who are manipulating the people for their own gain.

And this of course would have nothing to do with the fact that Hamas is trying to use civilian areas as a shield for launching their rockets?
    no excuse, but its doubtful anyway, murdering civilians is a well used tactic by israel

More Israelis would have been killed only for their defence systems shooting down some of the rockets and people going into shelters as soon as the sirens go off.

Everyone is bemoaning the poor Palestinians but forgets that they are continually firing onto Israel. Is Israel to stand still and let them? Some would think so.
    if it wasn't rockets it would be something else

Do you think Israel has the right to exist?
    back at pre 1967 borders, its going to exist so they may as well be forced back to the original land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

davmol wrote: »
    My reference was to the inncoent deaths of many young palestinian children due to Israeli 'Surgical strikes' on one of the most densely populated areas of the world.Lots of collateral damage.

Almost a hundred dead and hundreds injured,the tollwill rise further before the Israelis are finsihed.

at the last count there were NO Israeli fatalities

I'm sure it will rise further. What do you expect when the greater population of these areas allow terrorists fire rockets out of their territory, and allow them operate freely.

Yes Israeli forces do rejoice in killing civilians. That much is clear. They're as much animals as Hamas. They're simply opposite sides of the one coin. Their side just happens to be shinier.

• Advertisement

Yes Israeli forces do rejoice in killing civilians. That much is clear.

How is that clear?

Clarrification - Hamas want to kill Israelis - any Israelis. Israel wants to kill gazin civilians any gazin civilians, no difference.
    now thats the truth, fixed it for you

Trust me they do, they just have the years of experience not to show the joy.

In 2008 two Irish gunmen killed two British soldiers in the North of Ireland. How come the RAF didn't do to Ireland what IDF is doing to Gaza?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,314 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm sure it will rise further. What do you expect when the greater population of these areas allow terrorists fire rockets out of their territory, and allow them operate freely.

I'm a pacifist, but I can understand why Palestinians lob rockets over from gaza. It's a walled off ghetto. Nobody would have said the jews were wrong to fight out of the Warsaw ghetto.

Gaza is an entire population who are locked in and trapped. Borders are generally closed off and people in there have pretty much no hope. can you imagine what it would be like to try and raise children there knowing they'll be trapped in the same prison as you.

So, even though I disagree with violence, especially with indiscriminate weapons such as the rockets hamas have, I can understand why they have local support.

Whereas Hamas would just kill 100 innocent people.
    and israel wouldn't get the "bad guy" but shur thats okay, its the jewish state so we must excuse their evil terrorist actions

Trust me they do, they just have the years of experience not to show the joy.

In 2008 two Irish gunmen killed two British soldiers in the North of Ireland. How come the RAF didn't do to Ireland what IDF is doing to Gaza?

The IRA were not launching missiles into the North from Irish bases.

Any activity of the IRA in the Republic of Ireland was policed by a stable government committed to peace in the Republic of Ireland.

The situation in Gaza is entirely differernt.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Hamas intentionally fire their rockets from civilian areas so when the Israelis retaliate they hit civilians. So technically Hamas are killing their own people. If Hamas cared about civilians they'd fire their rockets from unpopulated areas as they are always clear of the area before the counter battery.
    delusianel nonsense, israel would kill civilians anyway, its a popular tactic with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The IRA were not launching missiles into the North from Irish bases.

Any activity of the IRA in the Republic of Ireland was policed by a stable government committed to peace in the Republic of Ireland.

The situation in Gaza is entirely differernt.

No missiles came from Irish bases but bombs certainly did.

Also, the Irish government were involved in gun running for the IRA!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Grayson wrote: »
    I'm a pacifist, but I can understand why Palestinians lob rockets over from gaza. It's a walled off ghetto. Nobody would have said the jews were wrong to fight out of the Warsaw ghetto.

Gaza is an entire population who are locked in and trapped. Borders are generally closed off and people in there have pretty much no hope. can you imagine what it would be like to try and raise children there knowing they'll be trapped in the same prison as you.

So, even though I disagree with violence, especially with indiscriminate weapons such as the rockets hamas have, I can understand why they have local support.

I'm not a pacifist and it's foolish to keep repeating the same action, firing rockets, and expecting a different result from what is a ..... how many scales of magnitude better armed and more able enemy. Same sh1t different day in the ME.

• Advertisement

delusianel nonsense, israel would kill civilians anyway, its a popular tactic with them

Why don't Hamas call their bluff. Fire all it's rockets from remote/unpopulated areas - see if Israel fires on thoses sites and remove any justification for Israeli missiles in populated areas.

Why don't Hamas do that??

Do it for a month and see what happens.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    No missiles came from Irish bases but bombs certainly did.

Also, the Irish government were involved in gun running for the IRA!!

So that would justify RAF strikes on Irish centres of population? Nonsense.

How is that clear?

From them continually killing civilians and shrugging it off as accidental, each and every time...

If they actually gave a sh*t, they could take out targets precisely. Your claim that they make mistakes would mean something if they didn't continually "make mistakes" and do nothing to rectify them. It's collective punishment. Exactly what Hamas are doing.

That's just not true.

it is true. stop making excuses for terrorists
    Israel, despite killing innocent people, do aim to avoid killing innocent people.

no, they don't

If they actually gave a sh*t, they could take out targets precisely.

As I said, they're not magicians.

As I said, they're not magicians.

They are capable of not killing as many civilians, though. If they want to claim the moral high ground, they're going to have to start acting less like those they are fighting.

• Advertisement

They have the ability to make precision attacks, yes. They use it.

they don't use it
    they are not magicians and will mistakes.

not mistakes, deliberate

same with israel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I never said Israel doesn't kill civilians. I said Hamas fire their rockets from civilian areas so when the Israelis counter battery they kill civilians. At least Israel makes a pretence at trying to avoid civilian casualties, Hamas want to kill civilians on both sides.

Neither side is better than the other, but the Israelis try to protect their own civilians from harm with sirens and bunkers while Hamas intentionally get their civilians killed. I know if I had to live in that region I'd rather have a government that protects me than puts me in harm. Yet the Palestinians voted in the people who are getting them killed.

Israel rejoices in the killing of civilians. Hamas rejoices in the killing of civilians.
    just except it, poor little israel is as bad if not worse then Hamas, there is no excuse for the large scale massacres israel perform at will

Why don't Hamas call their bluff. Fire all it's rockets from remote/unpopulated areas - see if Israel fires on thoses sites and remove any justification for Israeli missiles in populated areas.

i believe they all ready tried such a tactic, and it failed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Before the 3 Israeli teenagers were kidnapped and murdered, 2 Palestinians teenagers were murdered in the West Bank by the IDF, where no rockets are being fired.

The entire notion that Israels violence is due to rocket attacks in nonsense. Even in the West Bank, were Fatah's security forces actively work with Israel, the IDF still murder Palestinians, not to mention there constant settlement expansion. No matter what the Palestinians do, they will be on the end of Israeli violence, as Israel wants to maximize the land they can grab in East Jerusalem and the West Bank.

FFS, the IDF bombed a cafe, that was showing the world cup, and they also target civilian infrastructure, due to Hamas being the government. The entire notion that Israel is only attacking site where rockets are being launched from is nonsense. They are attacking the entire civilian infrastructure, just like the last time, and the time before that, and so on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement