Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dragons' Den what do you think?

• 20-05-2011 3:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭

Iv watch The Dragons' Den alot of time both the Irish and English one there something about it id like to get other views on.

I dont think any of the Dragons have any right what so ever to tell someone who comes on that there idea is a bad one, granted there successful but they all made there money in things that were already there none of them actually came up with an idea. Then they demand 40 50% of theres peoples business that they've taught up themselfs and tell them there fools more etc.

Again grand they have experence in different feilds but most of the tiem they have no idea about the thing the person has but clame they do.

Another thing is someone comes on with a one of a kind thing and theres no other product like it on the market and are told there no market for it, how can there be no market for it if there noting ealse like it on the market?

Also they never actual listen to the person there too busy finding falt with everthing they say and seem to try and make them make a mistake and when the person try's to talk back or disagree they told they dont know what talking about.

I think it was the English one and someone was offering them something like 10% of there business but the Dragon wanted around 40% or so and the person didn't take it because they didn't want to lose that much of there business and he was told he was gready after the Dragon wanting almost half there bisiness!

Finaly at the end of eacj season they go to some of the people they didn't invest in and most of them are alot better off with out the Dragon. I think it would be intersesting to see how the business they do invest in get on down the road, it wouldn't surprise one it if alot of them fail bwcause i get the feeling that the Dragon will what to call all the shoots with may not be the best thing for the persons business

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I'm sure some of the arrogance the Dragons portray is for the cameras, and to make the show more entertaining. But it's sad to see James Caan leave, he was the best on the show. He treated each entrepreneur with respect and talked to them on the one level, as opposed to the others who saw themselves as better as each entrepreneur and talked down to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭sendit

Dman001 wrote: »
    I'm sure some of the arrogance the Dragons portray is for the cameras, and to make the show more entertaining. But it's sad to see James Caan leave, he was the best on the show. He treated each entrepreneur with respect and talked to them on the one level, as opposed to the others who saw themselves as better as each entrepreneur and talked down to them.

Thats what i mean Peter Jones more then anyone of them thinks he knows everything and declares himself out before the person even has a chance to say anything

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It's shiite...as is most everything on Irish tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

But there are products that have no market, purely because no one wants it. I don't watch the Irish version but I am a bit of a fan of the english version. Out of all the different types of reality tv, it's the most beneficial, finding entrepreneurs and giving them an opportunity to profit out of their creation is enough reason to make an arse out of a few people who believe their concepts are brilliant when they're not. They do also take people on who have god awful creations but have potential as inventors etc. If any of ye remember the reggae reggae sauce man, I don't think he'd be worth half as much as he is now if it wasn't for the dragon. Even if a dragon gets a 40% share in a company, it's probably worth it for the entrepreneur.

Advertisement