Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atheists are breaking scientific laws!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

It's all been said to us on the Creationism thread...

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yup, trawling this tripe again, when in doubt introduce magic spells and fairy folk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Scofflaw wrote:
    It's all been said to us on the Creationism thread...

cordially,
    Scofflaw

I never heard it put like that exactly before. Such twisted logic to say Atheists must believe in God otherwise they're breaking scientific laws.
    It's like the worst kind of childish argument.
    I've been on the creationist thread but never posted there (just too messy)so apologies.

ciderman wrote:
    Yup, trawling this tripe again, when in doubt introduce magic spells and fairy folk

Just to clarify I'm an atheist (wasn't sure if you were referring directly to me when you said 'trawling this etc....). And secondly the site (at least the page i linked) isn't about fairies etc, it's trying to hypothesise an argument where it can checkmate Atheism into accepting a divine creator because science cannnot sufficiently explain/ or explain at all for that matter the where matter came from in the first place. It also attempts to establish that an atheist outlook is in direct opposition to (and are actually breaking the law of) established scientific principals by dismissing the possibility of a divine creator. The fault (one of the faults anyway) in the argument is that the divine creator must therefore be the god of the bible whereas clearly the divine creator could be anything from alien intelligence to science we don't yet understand.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Laughable tbh.

I know god exists because a puppy smiled at me, and how else could a puppy smile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Some people are just stupid ... I suppose religion is a warm blanket they can wrap themselves around and feel less stupid ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

That was a very entertaining read!

Particularly hilarious is the following passage from this page. Have a read, it's really very funny.
    Evolutionary scientists believe man has existed for one million years. Starting with just eight people having 2 children every 40 years, the total population of the earth today would be 10 to the 3000 power. There would be mountains of bones from the trillions of skeletons of those from past generations.
    ... By gosh he's right!!! :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

stevejazzx
    your sig is waaaay too big and against Boards rules.

As for that site, clutching at straws tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Actually, isn't he allowed 8 lines of size 1 text so his sig is fine?

Beruthiel wrote:
    stevejazzx
    your sig is waaaay too big and against Boards rules.

I read the signature rules and far as i was aware it didn't contravene these rules however it still was rather big so I've shortened it! Less is more....well sometimes at least.
    Beruthiel wrote:
    as for that site....

Yes i found it hilarious.Essentially it's tellnig Atheists that they are very unscientific for not believing in God (something incredibly unscientific) as the only explanation for unexplained origin of matter must be something unscientific becasue current scientific understanding cannot appropriate a complete answer for it. It's the arugment of a drunken madman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

stevejazzx wrote:
    I never heard it put like that exactly before. Such twisted logic to say Atheists must believe in God otherwise they're breaking scientific laws.
    It's like the worst kind of childish argument.
    I've been on the creationist thread but never posted there (just too messy)so apologies.

Captain Capslock argues the biogenesis one, the entropy one, the 'nothing from nothing' one, pretty regularly. Admittedly, you'd have to actually read his posts.., and understand something of the way his mind works.

Why 'messy' though?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement

Scofflaw wrote:
    Captain Capslock argues the biogenesis one, the entropy one, the 'nothing from nothing' one, pretty regularly. Admittedly, you'd have to actually read his posts.., and understand something of the way his mind works.

Why 'messy' though?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

I started reading it proplerly today. First off, 4600 replies:eek: and there all quite substantial replies at that, some of them just ridiculous btw.
    Secondly it goes from over complicated scientific postulation to imbecilic utterneces that the world is 7000 years and God loves us all, he's knocking at door, let him in. LET HIM IN!
    A lot of what I read was entertaining, too entertaining for a serious debate however. The arguments have peaks and troughs, more troughs though and generally the same arguments are repeated over and over so finding something on there which is particulary interesting is difficult because you have to wade through such a mess of washed up comment to find any of these beautiful gems which I'm sure (from my reading this morning) the thread must contain. There is one thing though that you all seem in agreement on....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think someone suggested taxing exclamation marks but I think something more clinical needs to be carried out, a final solution if you will. Otherwise it really will be the end of boards.ie as we know it.

Advertisement