Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Centre Flood Warning!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Gosh, thanks Mr F! We're going out for dinner later and was thinking of taking the car in as we didn't want to wait for a taxi. Methinks the car'll be staying right where it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Gosh, thanks Mr F! We're going out for dinner later and was thinking of taking the car in as we didn't want to wait for a taxi. Methinks the car'll be staying right where it is...

Your welcome ABajanin.

Maybe you could still bring the car. Just be very careful where you park it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

well high tide has just gone so id say it will be fine if it hasn't flooded by now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

hoodwinked wrote: »
    well high tide has just gone so id say it will be fine if it hasn't flooded by now....

Yeah, there's a good chance nothing will happen.

I think it's more of a precaution than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

hoodwinked wrote: »

It's all those navy ships in the docks, pushes up the water level don't ya know !

Seriously it looks safe enough now, suspect the council are getting rightly sensitive to floods, but surely by now we should be 'flood proof'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Parts of the city have flooded again this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

evilivor wrote: »
    Parts of the city have flooded again this afternoon.

There is a hell of a lot of water in the usual spots along the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Saw some photos on Facebook of Penrose Wharf badly flooded (live nearby and never even noticed!). The weird thing is - the river level was quite low in those photos. Looks to me to be entirely a drainage issue, not "rising sea levels / global warming" etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I was in town on Saturday when the rain hit, and it seems to be the sheer volume of rain falling in such a short period. You could see the water on Oliver Plunkett street rising by the minute, and my fiancé had to pull over the car on his way into town because the windscreen wipers just couldn't work fast enough. So I think poor drainage had a lot to do with it alright.

Advertisement