Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best car boot sale

Options
  • 12-07-2014 1:39pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're looking to set up a table at a car boot sale in the next couple of weeks. Can anyone recommend good ones that attract a decent crowd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

The one in Rathcormac is pretty good, they have a lot of people in and out just be there early.. Keep an eye on vintage shows coming up soon too they normaly have car boots sales on site..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks Milly, that's great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

There is always a big crowd in both the Carrigtwohill and Carrigaline car boot sales :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Is the one at the airport still going on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Carrigtwohill I was going to say as well... It was very busy there this week. There is a flea market thing in douglas on saturdays. Not sure how that works, if yiu can just show up with stuff.

pwurple wrote: »
    Carrigtwohill I was going to say as well... It was very busy there this week. There is a flea market thing in douglas on saturdays. Not sure how that works, if yiu can just show up with stuff.

I have gone to that one a few times but never draws a big crowd, it's actually pretty pathetic lol but I suppose Faith has to weigh up the cost of setting up a 'stall' versus what she might make :)

What kind of stuff are you trying to get rid of Faith?

The one is Douglas is quite poor alright!

I'm selling household stuff, mostly. Trying to sell what I can on adverts first, and then will take the rest of a car boot sale. Small kitchen appliances, crockery/utensils, some clothes, maybe a handful of DVD boxsets. We're emigrating so we're just trying to shift everything to save my parents' attic from collapsing in!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bank Holiday Mondays in Blarney, always quite good and large

Good to know about the Douglas one thanks. Was going to go there but tis €15 euro for a stall and its only one from 9 - 2 or something like that. I know for one if I was going there wouldn't be a hope if me being there as a customer before 2 on a sunday.. You have to pre book aswell, ring or email the chap who runs it..

Might try carrigtwhoill too in the same boat as Faith want to get rid of things on adverts and a few odds bits

• Advertisement

Got this info for carrigtwohill " Carrigtwohill was last weekend so the next will be in about a month. Cost is 10 euros for a car. Set up is early there - from about 6.30 I think - but by 8.30 is fine."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

Faith wrote: »
    The one is Douglas is quite poor alright!

I'm selling household stuff, mostly. Trying to sell what I can on adverts first, and then will take the rest of a car boot sale. Small kitchen appliances, crockery/utensils, some clothes, maybe a handful of DVD boxsets. We're emigrating so we're just trying to shift everything to save my parents' attic from collapsing in!
    Make up a batch of your world famous caramel squares and give one out with every sale. You should sell out very quick.

If you contact the facebook page above and tell them what kind of stuff you want to shift he will tell you which one to go to or if your wasting your time with car boots.
    He does a lot of selling himself and knows the score.
    If your not on fb pm me a list of what kind of stuff you have and ill ask him for you as i work with him.

.red. wrote: »
    Make up a batch of your world famous caramel squares and give one out with every sale. You should sell out very quick.

:D

I actually seriously considered doing something along those lines to help shift stuff :D
    If you contact the facebook page above and tell them what kind of stuff you want to shift he will tell you which one to go to or if your wasting your time with car boots.
    He does a lot of selling himself and knows the score.
    If your not on fb pm me a list of what kind of stuff you have and ill ask him for you as i work with him.

Cheers, that's a good idea. I'll drop him a message :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Will I take that as a no to my question then?

Sorry I have never gone to that one but i think it is still going, I saw the sign for it..Again ask the facebook crowd they are quick to come back..

There is a chap done the in the marina commerical park Faith who has a second hand store, he sells everything from cups to beds and office furniture. If you have no luck getting rid of things it might be worth giving him a shout and hell make an offer

Milly33 wrote: »
    I know for one if I was going there wouldn't be a hope if me being there as a customer before 2 on a sunday..

As a customer I always try to be one of the first people there, sure all the 'good' stuff is gone within the first hour in my experience, I have even bought stuff while people are setting up, after all people want to get rid of their stuff and will sell it as soon as a buyer comes along.

i know but its so early and its sunday!!!

Milly33 wrote: »
    Sorry I have never gone to that one but i think it is still going, I saw the sign for it..Again ask the facebook crowd they are quick to come back..

There is a chap done the in the marina commerical park Faith who has a second hand store, he sells everything from cups to beds and office furniture. If you have no luck getting rid of things it might be worth giving him a shout and hell make an offer

Great idea, Milly, we actually have some office furniture too that we'll get in touch with him about if we can't shift it through adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

are there any car boots on this coming Sunday?

Check out the facebook page linked earlier.. Also I know it isn't car boot but there is a collection going on for kids toys and clothes for Gaza if anyone has stuff. It was in the Cork Independent drop off to PJ Fitzgeralds in Kinsale or email/call Padraigg emecarr@gmail.com/086 858 3185

• Advertisement
Advertisement