Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable religious quotes.

Options
  • 10-01-2013 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

Just in case anyone has any they want to share. I'm not sure I can think of any right now.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I just googled reasonable religious quotes and my laptop spontaneously combusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

"Do not follow a multitude to do evil" was a favourite of Betrand Russell, I believe. Much ignored by Christians down through the ages, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

pauldla wrote: »
    "Do not follow a multitude to do evil" was a favourite of Betrand Russell, I believe. Much ignored by Christians down through the ages, of course.

Oh but of course they weren't real Christians..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you is a fairly reasonable quote.
    Again, not followed by nearly enough catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Beruthiel wrote: »
    So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you is a fairly reasonable quote.
    Again, not followed by nearly enough catholics.
    If the bible was a simple pamphlet with that quote instead of a massive book of nonsense, the world would be a less confusing place

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Ain't that the truth.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Love is the law, love under will

Oh Aleister, you cad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." The Buddha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

"I do not concern myself with gods and spirits either good or evil nor do I serve any." Laozi (attrib)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

“I don’t hold with paddlin’ with the occult,” said Granny firmly. “Once you start paddlin’ with the occult you start believing in spirits, and when you start believing in spirits you start believing in demons, and then before you know where you are you’re believing in gods. And then you’re in trouble.”

“But all them things exist,” said Nanny Ogg.

“That’s no call to go around believing in them. It only encourages ’em.”

Granny Weatherwax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"WWJD"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

biko wrote: »
    "WWJD"
    WWR(aptor)JD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement