Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSISS Careers

Options
  • 13-09-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,
    Hoping to study MSISS next year, and I know the job prospects are very good for graduates here but what are the like abroad?, specifically in the US or over in London. Also do most students have job offers before they even finish the course like economics and maths?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

To be honest to work in the US straight out of college you need to have studied in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭IWJ

To be honest to work in the US straight out of college you need to have studied in the US.

What if you have successfully completed an internship in the States in 2nd/ 3rd year?

People do get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

IWJ wrote: »
    What if you have successfully completed an internship in the States in 2nd/ 3rd year?

People do get them.

Its extremely difficult though. The employer have to prove you have skills, no other American has. Its a long and complicated process for them. Its just easier to employee an American Citizen

There would be plenty of job opportunities in London. Although most people do a graduate programme in Dublin first. It probably makes more sense to do it in Dublin, considering how expensive London is

All the Business/Maths/Economics programmes are highly regarded by Employers. Unless you do **** in the course,you will get a job afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

aon1998 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Hoping to study MSISS next year, and I know the job prospects are very good for graduates here but what are the like abroad?, specifically in the US or over in London. Also do most students have job offers before they even finish the course like economics and maths?
    Thanks

As a final year MSISS student this year, I'm not sure of the US or London opportunities, but I would say most people will have job offers before finishing.

Especially if you do an internship, job offers follow on through that!

If you've any questions about the course, definitely PM me or reply here if related.

Advertisement