Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Orientation Week Talks

Options
  • 10-09-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Just wondering what talks are mandatory during orientation week. Do we have to attend talks like 'The Successful Student', 'Thriving at College' and 'Student Budgeting' or is it just the course meeting and the Provost's Welcome that are mandatory.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

They're not mandatory and honestly they're not really worth going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

They're not mandatory, no. Neither is the Provost's welcome, just your course meeting really.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

are any of the general ones worth going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

RoRo979 wrote: »
    are any of the general ones worth going to?

not really, and they're packed as well

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Starting a post-grad this year and the mandatory introductory lecture is on Friday at 2. As a primary teacher, by the time I factor in the time that school closes, in addition to travel time, there's no way I'll make the meeting for 2. Because I've only started in the school 2 weeks ago, I'm not really in the position to be asking to leave early already. Is it ok that I'm missing the introductory lecture?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Rather than just not showing up, maybe email the course director/administrator and explain your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

innad wrote: »
    Rather than just not showing up, maybe email the course director/administrator and explain your situation.

Thanks, I've sent an e-mail but didn't get a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

That's all you can do really.

Advertisement