Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Electric Heater

Options
  • 05-11-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

I purchased a 1000w electric heater however each time I plug it in it immediately trips the electricity. Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Think you have put this in the wrong forum but any way if you just bought it from a shop bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Technophobe

factory reset ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Is it rooted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

App killer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i think we need to establish which version of android it's running first before we can say for definite what the problem is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nibhav.android.btuheater&hl=en

Tried this ?

On a more serious note. Try another socket, if result is still the same back to the shop you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

As tempting as it may be to allow the responses here to continue (I mean, what possessed you to post to the Android forum on this topic?) you are in the wrong forum. Moved to what I suspect is the appropriate place for this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

karolmc100 wrote: »
    I purchased a 1000w electric heater however each time I plug it in it immediately trips the electricity. Any help much appreciated.
    Exactly what is tripping ?
    An MCB? If so what is it rated at?

It should draw about 4.5 amps. So if it is tripping salt a 20A MCB then return to the shop immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

karolmc100 wrote: »

Did you try plugging it into different sockets?

Advertisement