Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get same apps on different Tablets?

Options
  • 04-11-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭

Maybe someone here can help with this.
    An organisation i know has purchased 8 Toshiba tablets to be used by children ages 7-12 years.

On one of the tablets they have downloaded the apps they require for use with the kids (mostly educational word games, etc). There is maybe approx 60 apps in total.

Is their a way of getting the apps onto the other 7 tablets without having to download/install individually?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

big_drive wrote: »
    Maybe someone here can help with this.
    An organisation i know has purchased 8 Toshiba tablets to be used by children ages 7-12 years.

On one of the tablets they have downloaded the apps they require for use with the kids (mostly educational word games, etc). There is maybe approx 60 apps in total.

Is their a way of getting the apps onto the other 7 tablets without having to download/install individually?

Thanks
    Yes easily, you need to sign in to all Toshiba tablets with the same Google account which was used with the tablet of 60 apps. On sign in, it will prompt you to restore settings from Googles servers which includes all apps currently installed. If for some reason they don't all download, you can go to the Play Store and update / install all from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

But that'll stick them all with the same email account, shared browsing history etc, won't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

ok this doesn't seem to be working. when in the play store there doesn't seem to be any reference to the other apps?

anything else to watch out for in settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose you can use Helium to back up the apps to a PC and then transfer them to the other tablets. Helium doesn't need rooting.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup
    I don't think you need to activate a google account on the tablets that way, you'll find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ok this doesn't seem to be working. when in the play store there doesn't seem to be any reference to the other apps?

anything else to watch out for in settings?
    swipe across in the play store to "all" under my apps instead of "installed"

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    swipe across in the play store to "all" under my apps instead of "installed"

great thanks , i can see them now. How do i get the full list to download without having to click individually on each one? is that possible?

AltAccount wrote: »
    But that'll stick them all with the same email account, shared browsing history etc, won't it?
    Only if you enable sync for Gmail, Chrome etc. but once the index of apps are installed, you can remove the Google account and all apps will still function as normal.
    great thanks , i can see them now. How do i get the full list to download without having to click individually on each one? is that possible?
    They should all install automatically on first sign in, if they don't they will need to be installed one by one from the list of All Apps. You can click the 3 dots on the right side of each app and click install to speed things up.

if i hold my finger on them i can select all on list. but then on top right hand corner i can get option to remove but no other options like download/install all?

if i hold my finger on them i can select all on list. but then on top right hand corner i can get option to remove but no other options like download/install all?
    No that option is only for removing apps you have downloaded before but are no longer installed. You can also use the Play Store website to push the apps to each device but its the same setup really. It will be tedious but only for a little while.

Advertisement