Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Updating a Galaxy S2 (apps wise)

• 31-10-2013 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Morning

So I been using the default internet browser(and just about) everything else on my S2 since pruchase. Don't get me wrong I have kept up to date with software releases, but it still seems to lack something.

Is there a better internet browswer and why? Can it import the other bookmarks?

Should I using a different system/app to boot up and run it?

Cheers
    Newhand

PS the cursed lack of a landscape wallpaper still bothers me.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Newhand wrote: »
    Morning

So I been using the default internet browser(and just about) everything else on my S2 since pruchase. Don't get me wrong I have kept up to date with software releases, but it still seems to lack something.

Is there a better internet browswer and why? Can it import the other bookmarks?

Should I using a different system/app to boot up and run it?

Cheers
    Newhand

PS the cursed lack of a landscape wallpaper still bothers me.
    I use Firefox browser on my S2. Find it to be a great browser and it syncs all my data with the desktop browser and my Android tablet. Chrome is another option if you use Chrome on your desktop (both available from the Play store). I tried Boat and Dolphin Browsers, but didn't like them that much, and I find the sync feature of Firefox extremely useful.
    What do you mean about landscape wallpapers? You'd rather the wallpaper didn't span across the home screens? Not sure if that feature can be turned off in the stock launcher, but take a look at Nova Launcher. I think you can make wallpapers apply to each individual homescreen. May be what your after! :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Stock browser for me, syncs with Google, is faster than Chrome and has pie controls/full screen.
    Used Dolphin before, it was good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Had a problem inputting some text fields on Firefox which I was using for over a year so I went to Chrome and it's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Newhand

Cheers for the tips folks. Will try a few out and see how things go.

Had a problem inputting some text fields on Firefox which I was using for over a year so I went to Chrome and it's really good.

It's improved considerably since then, have found Chrome to be fairly bloated and slow myself, went back to Firefox and not regretted it!

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Newhand

IT appears that both Firefox and Chrome remaining on the in background when ever I close them. That is annoying, also they seem to use a larger font size as default that can't be editied down, including by changing the settings. Very odd.

The default browser now cannot download pictures, it freezes and crashes when attempting to do so. Investigations ahead.

Newhand wrote: »
    IT appears that both Firefox and Chrome remaining on the in background when ever I close them. That is annoying, also they seem to use a larger font size as default that can't be editied down, including by changing the settings. Very odd.

The default browser now cannot download pictures, it freezes and crashes when attempting to do so. Investigations ahead.

This is default Android behaviour afaik. You can actually get an addon for the Firefox browser "Quit Now" I think it's called which places a quit button in it. Not sure about Chrome

Nick

Advertisement